Does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

I have read the bible up and down left and right. There are lots of things about abominations etc etc. What it doesn't say though is whether or not non-believers can have gay marriage. In fact the laws and commandments in the bible are specifically for the Jews. Jesus opened that up and through Paul's doctrine that became inclusive of the gentiles(those who were believers).

So question for debate does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Can anyone find a verse saying that non-believers cannot have gay marriage?

shnarkle
Guru

Post #111

Post by shnarkle »

Atef wrote: You have a unique and much different interpretation of the Bible-- from the many Christians I know. You used the word "probably" not me. I was just wondering why you used the word in advance of your statement.

You seem to reference Paul, in your claim that God did not create anything.
Straw man argument. I claimed that there is no "Christian creator God".
Well 🙄 let's see:
Genesis 1:

1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Thanks for proving my point for me. There is nothing about a "Christian Creator God"

Moreover, you haven't addressed the fact that Paul notes quite clearly that it is Christ who is linked with "by whom all things exist"; not God. So while God is the origin "of whom are all things exist", that agrees with John's introduction showing that God is the origin of all of creation. God is the author of creation; not the means by which it exists. That is what Paul and John believe; two of the most well known Christians who ever lived. Ironically, most Christians don't seem to believe what they wrote.

Atef
Student

Post #112

Post by Atef »

You can't post a definitive comment, then backtrack and attempt to cite a difference over minor semantics.

You posted:
He saw God as the origin of all that exists, but not the means by which everything came into existence. In other words, he didn't create anything."
Genesis chapters 1,2 and all the Christians I know: view God as the Creator. All the Christians I know: view Jesus as the Son of God. Your debate is not with me, it is with the Bible and Christians who view God as the Creator--and Jesus as the son of God.
Last edited by Atef on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

shnarkle
Guru

Post #113

Post by shnarkle »

Atef wrote: You can't post a definitive comment, then backtrack and attempt to cite a difference over minor semantics.

You posted:
He saw God as the origin of all that exists, but not the means by which everything came into existence. In other words, he didn't create anything."
Genesis chapters 1&2, as well as all the Christians I know: view God as the Creator. All the Christians I know: view Jesus as the Son of God. Your debate is not with me, it is with the Bible and Christians who view God as the Creator--and Jesus as the son of God.
Of course the debate is with Christians as well as non believers, which are the only groups you've been referencing since you chimed in. Who else would I be debating? You don't have a position other than to suggest the beliefs and ideas of others. I'm not backtracking. The New Testament authors agree that the father is God who is the origin of all that exists while Christ is the means by which all exists. Christians believe Christ is God, probably because he's eternal, yet Paul doesn't make that connection, nor does John. They see Christ as eternal, but don't equate that with God. There is no backtracking on my part.

Menotu
Sage

Re: Does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Post #114

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 1 by DanieltheDragon]

Does it OK it for believers? Seems that would also be a question, no?

At any rate:
why would a non-believer of Islam care what Islam says about anything?

I doubt non-believers care what is "says" (which most anything it "says" is debatable at least).

I know I don't.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Does the bible outlaw gay marriage for non-believers?

Post #115

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 113 by Menotu]

Your right the bible doesnt provide mandate for non believers. It simply outlines the standards, requirements and law for BELIEVERS and explains the penalty for disbelief.

JEHOVAH'SWITNESS
Memorial of Jesus’ Death: Sunday, March 24, 2024
FIND A LOCATION NEAR YOU: https://apps.jw.org/ui/E/meeting-search.html#/memorial