Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

RUSLAN
Student

Why is sex outside of marriage wrong?

Post #1

Post by RUSLAN »

I'll ask a very simple question.

In Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, sex is allowed only within marriage.

Of course there are some believers who do not really agree with this, but my question is for those who do agree with it.

Can someone (Christian, Muslim, or Jew) explain why sex outside of marriage is wrong, but without citing any religious text(s)?

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: Why is sex outside of marriage wrong?

Post #111

Post by Bust Nak »

MuffMaYne wrote: If everyone were to have sex within marriage and only within marriage, how many children would grow up fatherless or motherless? How many people would be STD free? How many relationships or homes wouldn't be broken because someone cheated?
These are at best arguments against promiscuous, at worse arguments against unsafe sex, not arguments against sex outside of marriage.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #112

Post by Clownboat »

MuffMaYne wrote: [Replying to post 108 by Clownboat]

Nope thats completely false, and all i did was answer the question that the topic proposed. Without biblical references why is it wrong outside of marriage? I gave several reasons why, or at least why it would be beneficial to follow this rule of sex only within a marriage.
Please explain what you find to be completely false.
Thank you.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

MuffMaYne
Apprentice

Post #113

Post by MuffMaYne »

[Replying to post 110 by Bust Nak]

No, at best they're arguments to follow what God teaches us about sex and marriage. At the minimum its an argument to get married before you have sex. Hence why Its in the "Why is sex outside of marriage wrong thread"

Now you can claim whatever you want, but what it is is what it is, and claiming things wont change that.

MuffMaYne
Apprentice

Post #114

Post by MuffMaYne »

[Replying to post 111 by Clownboat]

Everything you said.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #115

Post by Clownboat »

MuffMaYne wrote: [Replying to post 111 by Clownboat]

Everything you said.
I cannot trust that you understood what I said.
Please offer a rebuttal.

'Nah nah nah boo boo' will not cut it I'm afraid.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

otseng
Savant

Post #116

Post by otseng »

MuffMaYne wrote: [Replying to post 111 by Clownboat]

Everything you said.
Moderator Comment

Please note that one-liner comments are against the rules.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

mubasher1984

Post #117

Post by mubasher1984 »

Technically speaking, there should be some difference between a man and an animal. Animals don't have any restrictions of sex or eating or living. They live as they desire. It is human which is bound to obey the commandments of God, and in that sex is one restriction on humans. There are many harms in sex outside marriage:
1. Many diseases can spread within society,e.g. HIV AIDS etc.
2. Fights or killings due to woman may erupt.
3. Family system damages badly. There is no shame remains. There is no respect for parents. No love for relatives.
4. It damages the society based on religion.
5. It makes man much more involved in worldly things and man forgets its God ultimately, as is in Europe today. Spirituality vanishes altogether. Love of God finishes.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #118

Post by Clownboat »

mubasher1984 wrote: Technically speaking, there should be some difference between a man and an animal.
Well, there isn't. Humans are animals. Great apes to be specific.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae
Animals don't have any restrictions of sex or eating or living. They live as they desire.
I'm not sure your point. Do you know why you brought this up?
It is human which is bound to obey the commandments of God,

I imagine that you believe this. Please show that you speak the truth.
and in that sex is one restriction on humans.
Why do you believe that there is a god that is so interested in the ends of our penises and our overall sex lives?

Such an idea is comical to me:
We have a god that creates the universe.
Then the earth.
Then millions of species of animals only to then look at humans and tell them to stop touching their wieners.
There are many harms in sex outside marriage:
1. Many diseases can spread within society,e.g. HIV AIDS etc.
2. Fights or killings due to woman may erupt.
3. Family system damages badly. There is no shame remains. There is no respect for parents. No love for relatives.
4. It damages the society based on religion.
5. It makes man much more involved in worldly things and man forgets its God ultimately, as is in Europe today. Spirituality vanishes altogether. Love of God finishes.
And there are harms in not having sex before marriage as well it seems. For evidence, I refer to you the fact that Christians divorce more often then non-Christians. Should I therefore be justified in claiming that sex only within marriage is bad, like you attempted to do above with your example (of which I would like to add that many of those can still happen whether or not sex is happening).

AKU

Post #119

Post by AKU »

RUSLAN wrote: I'll ask a very simple question.

In Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, sex is allowed only within marriage.

Of course there are some believers who do not really agree with this, but my question is for those who do agree with it.

Can someone (Christian, Muslim, or Jew) explain why sex outside of marriage is wrong, but without citing any religious text(s)?
As long as both couples agree and sincerely make sex, it's ok

tryme
Student

Post #120

Post by tryme »

[Replying to post 4 by McCulloch]

Lol talk about a non sequiter, or better yet just naive logic.

OK fine marriage is the contract for monogamy, traditionally. So what about the people that aren’t married, Which is what the original question was