The men of Sodom were heterosexuals, vile heterosexuals.

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

The men of Sodom were heterosexuals, vile heterosexuals.

Post #1

Post by Davidjayjordan »

Lets move this thread to Religion and sexuality
Last edited by Davidjayjordan on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

Re: The men of Sodom were heterosexuals, vile heterosexuals.

Post #2

Post by Davidjayjordan »

Moved
Last edited by Davidjayjordan on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Davidjayjordan »

Dear Moderaters could you move this thread to the more appropriate Religion and Sexuality Sub-board... Or I could just try deleting it HERE and recopying it THERE.

Thanks

Sincerely David

Mission accomplished !!!

OpenYourEyes
Sage

Post #4

Post by OpenYourEyes »

Davidjayjordan wrote:
Lets debate the condition of Sodom and why the Lord destroyed the whole city. Church people like to say that it was because it was given over to homosexuality, but lets delve deeper into direct 'prophecy' from Ezekiel and others what really happened there.

Usually I would stay away from this topic as it usually gets you kicked out of a forum, but seeing it has been discussed HERE previously without problems, allow me to post, something new, I for one just noticed. The men of Sodom were heterosexuals simply and honestly because the frightened Lot, actually offered them his daughters rather than sending out the angelic men to them. It didn't work, but obviously as a long time citizen of Sodom, Lot figured trying to seduce these vile men away from the angels was worth a shot... as they were heterosexuals.

Look up the verse and verses and do note this ploy by Lot.

And then we shall progress with direct prophecy and other historical texts that show that this vile evil mob at Lots door, was not into sex for pleasure, but was into abusing foreigners and strangers and even killing them. For them, their anal sex was a means of showing their superiority over them and making them submissive to them. This all the Mid East tended to do, when they conquered a foreign army. Strip them and have anal sex with them to punish and abuse and even kill them..

Even seen in our era, as they did this to Gaddafi after his capture, even as he walked back to the jail with his captors."

My response:
I tend not to make any conclusions about the sexual orientation of the inhabitants of Sodom because as you mentioned, same-sex acts, paticularly sodomy, can be done for reasons other than sexual attraction. With that said, i wouldnt assume that the Sodomites were heterosexual either, some couldve also been bisexual and others homosexual. So yes, the story of Sodom and Gommorrah was not necessarily about prohibiting homosexuality but rather prohibiting sodomy overall.

Either way, other places in the Bible make it clear that same-sex acts between men are prohibited and so is entertaining the desire. Because of the function of marriage, involvdd having kids in principle, same-sex marriage wouldve also been prohibited.

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Davidjayjordan »

[Replying to post 4 by OpenYourEyes]

Reasonable response open your eyes.... but in real life, real gays are not attracted by women, so Lot offering up his daughters to these men makes no sense whatsoever, unless they were heterosexual.

But good response and well worth a RESPONSE, could you repost your response on the other thread, the new thread where I moved this thread

Moved to HERE

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... hp?t=28293

Lion IRC
Apprentice

Post #6

Post by Lion IRC »

I don't know why you refer to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah as 'vile'.

If their sexual proclivities were 'normal' according to the customs and culture of their time, who are we to judge them?

If I was there at the time and labelled them "vile" surely I would be labelled an intolerant bigot.

Anyway, the bible says the mob wanted to have sex ...where are the men you have with you, bring them out so we can have sex, etc. At the very least they were a mix of either gay and/or bisexual rapists.

I think it's important also to read what the bible says as a whole - canonical exegesis - so in addition to the fact that;
a) The mob was demanding sex with other men,
b) God declared that the entire city was sinful,

...we also have an extensive array of scripture in the bible which indicates quite clearly that sexual immorality including men having sex with men is judged as unacceptable to God. So at best, your claim that they were all heterosexual is tenuous.

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Davidjayjordan »

[Replying to post 6 by Lion IRC]

As mentioned it might be best to respond to this thread on the RELIGION and Sexuality sub forum...

but as mentioned the abuse of strangers and killing of them is not just a social trait that we should learn to live with..... as killing other individuals is rather serious and so tyhe Lord of all humans took these crimes to heart and avenged the poor and needy and travelers and strangers...

More on the other sub-board..

PLEASE DO NOT Post HERE anymore.

Thanks

Davidjayjordan
Banned
Banned

Moderaters please DELETE this particular thread and leave th

Post #8

Post by Davidjayjordan »

As mentioned previously if a MODERATER might please delete this thread on Sodm and leave the other it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I dont post mulitple threads, but did so because I can't and still can't find a DELETE button from which I could DELETE THIS THREAD MYSELF

Thanks in advance