Can God condemn to Hell based solely off gay rights support?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

jgh7

Can God condemn to Hell based solely off gay rights support?

Post #1

Post by jgh7 »

I fully support gay equal rights, namely in that I fully support that they should be allowed to marry.

It is based out of my own belief that they can love each other just the same as heterosexuals can, and that I care about their well-being and fair treatment just the same as I care about heterosexuals.

Christians, answer me this: Can God condemn me to Hell solely for this? I am deliberately going against Him and I know it and choose to do it.

My excuse is that I was acting out of love for my fellow man. Is that a good enough excuse?

If it is a good enough excuse, then I feel no guilt, shame, or worry whatsoever in going against God and pursuing that gays be treated equally.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

I contend that it is the sinful nature that characterizes the essence of a sinner that damns him, not any particular sin on earth which are merely the expressions of their essential inner nature.

Therefore it is not so much what you do that will condemn you but who you are, who you have chosen to be in relation to YHWH our creator.
Christians, answer me this: Can God condemn me to Hell solely for this? I am deliberately going against Him and I know it and choose to do it.
All and every sin is like this so it is not the sin itself that damns you as some people are saved from sins like this.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Hamsaka
Site Supporter

Re: Can God condemn to Hell based solely off gay rights supp

Post #3

Post by Hamsaka »

jgh7 wrote: I fully support gay equal rights, namely in that I fully support that they should be allowed to marry.

It is based out of my own belief that they can love each other just the same as heterosexuals can, and that I care about their well-being and fair treatment just the same as I care about heterosexuals.

My excuse is that I was acting out of love for my fellow man. Is that a good enough excuse?

If it is a good enough excuse, then I feel no guilt, shame, or worry whatsoever in going against God and pursuing that gays be treated equally.
Kim Davis (the Kentucky clerk who refuses to give licenses to SSM) claimed in one of her legal briefs that giving licenses for SSM was a matter of Heaven and Hell for her. For that sect of conservative Christians, this is pretty consistent.

She stated having her name on the license met criteria for 'participating' in SSM. A little later, she removed Rowan County and her deputy clerk's names in case that could implicate her by proxy. Her God is ready to condemn her soul to eternal Hell for her printed name on a license for SSM.

bluethread
Savant

Post #4

Post by bluethread »

So, you think that no one should get married without government approval?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #5

Post by onewithhim »

jgh7 wrote: I fully support gay equal rights, namely in that I fully support that they should be allowed to marry.

I wouldn't say that God would condemn you. (And there isn't any fiery Hell.) I would say that you are just not aware of how God looks at things, and perhaps you would align yourself with His outlook on things if you knew what it was. (Though I went back over your post and I see that you are aware.)

God created man and woman to be together. One woman, one man. The 21st century pretty much goes along with anything, but previously there was some appreciation of what was natural and what was not. In the 1970s scientific magazines were publishing articles that pointed out how a man's anal cavity was in no way formed to be invaded by anything. Tearing and maybe worse would ensue. So to have gay sex is abnormal, unnatural, and harmful.

If someone wants to do it, that is up to them and it's their business. But to insist on the right to "marry"? Why? Our Creator started marriage, between a man and a woman. He stated His view on homosexuality in various places, the most familiar being Leviticus 20:13. Jesus reiterated his Father's view at Matthew 19:4-6, saying clearly what marriage is. His disciples brought it out in places throughout the Christian Greek Scriptures (Romans 1:24-27; I Corinthians 6:9,10; I Timothy 1:10). Apparently, if one respects the Bible and wants to adhere to its teachings, one can see that God does not accept gay marriage. I don't understand why you would want to go against God. He has given us life and all the good things that exist. But that is your choice. God will not force you to love Him. I personally wouldn't want to be in the shoes of someone who knowingly rejects Jehovah and His commands.

You have a right to do whatever you want to do. No one should get into your business. But don't advertize around that you support something that others don't, because we really don't want to hear it. Do what you want, just keep it to yourself.[/u]

onewithhim
Savant

Post #6

Post by onewithhim »

Hamsaka wrote:

Kim Davis (the Kentucky clerk who refuses to give licenses to SSM) claimed in one of her legal briefs that giving licenses for SSM was a matter of Heaven and Hell for her. For that sect of conservative Christians, this is pretty consistent.

She stated having her name on the license met criteria for 'participating' in SSM. A little later, she removed Rowan County and her deputy clerk's names in case that could implicate her by proxy. Her God is ready to condemn her soul to eternal Hell for her printed name on a license for SSM.
Ridiculous. She should've been fired. I can't see why her superiors let her stretch the thing out. Regardless of her personal opinions, she got the job knowing what her requirements were, and she went against them when some gays wanted a license. She was completely out of line. :dizzy:

Talishi
Guru

Post #7

Post by Talishi »

onewithhim wrote: You have a right to do whatever you want to do. No one should get into your business. But don't advertize around that you support something that others don't, because we really don't want to hear it. Do what you want, just keep it to yourself.
Darkies to the back of the bush. Don't marry our white women. No Irish need apply. Drink from whatever water fountain you want, just don't drink from ours. Jesus must be very, very proud.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

JLB32168

Post #8

Post by JLB32168 »

jgh7 wrote:I fully support gay equal rights, namely in that I fully support that they should be allowed to marry.
Okay. I don’t support gay equal rights – certainly not the right to apply “marriage� to their institution. I would have been cool with “civil unions� but find calling it “marriage� to be a joke.
jgh7 wrote:It is based out of my own belief that they can love each other just the same as heterosexuals can, and that I care about their well-being and fair treatment just the same as I care about heterosexuals.
I agree, but that’s why we have best friends and monasteries. There’s nothing wrong with loving someone. Sexual relations with them is another thing from the Christian perspective.
jgh7 wrote:Christians, answer me this: Can God condemn me to Hell solely for this? I am deliberately going against Him and I know it and choose to do it.
No, I don’t think that God condemns people to Hell for that.
jgh7 wrote:My excuse is that I was acting out of love for my fellow man. Is that a good enough excuse?
Well, I think your love for man in the case is misguided. I don’t think it’s very loving to help people participate in something that jeopardizes their souls but that’s just me.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #9

Post by onewithhim »

If anyone deliberately goes against God Almighty, he will end up like Adam did. You are suggesting that God is not loving, that he's not fair. I believe that God has made laws and principles for us to follow, and they are for our own well-being. Whatever his reasons, it is vital that we respect his commands. Why not try to understand his point of view?

To act out of love for your fellow man, you should really be trying to help your fellow man to see God's view on things and warn your fellow man that they are in an extremely precarious position if they ignore Him. I, nor my fellow JWs, do not hate gays. We just know that the Bible says that practicing homosexuals will not inherit God's Kingdom. (I Corinthians 6:9,10) There are some gays who choose to be celebate, and this is fine with God. Whatever negative tendencies a person might have, if they control them, God is pleased.

1) Homosexual activity is not natural. It goes against what the body was designed for. A Discover magazine from 1985 (you wouldn't find an article like this today because of weakened morals and political correctness), has an article about Aids and transmission of the disease. It brings out an important point about anal sex. "Unlike almost any other common sex practice, this one does have drawbacks. Usually the first try is painful, and while this may go away with practice, it certainly won't if you have hemorrhoids; it can cause injury, as the area wasn't designed for that...anal rape, even of a willing victim, is accordingly out." (Discover, Dec.1985, p.44)

The article goes on to say: "Anatomical drawings of the rectum and the vagina show clearly why the rectum is far more susceptible to a blood-carried infection like AIDS. The inside of the vagina is made up of multiple layers of squamous cells that provide a fairly effective armor against infective agents. Also, heterosexual intercourse doesn't usually rupture the thick vaginal walls to allow a virus like AIDS easy access to the blood stream.

"The inside of the rectum is another story. It's lined with columnar cells, which are more easily damaged and invaded by infective agents. Also, the rectum is more susceptible to tiny abrasions because it, like the rest of the digestive tract, is rich in blood capillaries that absorb nutrients from food. Thrusting an erect penis into the rectum, even after using a lubricant, can devastate the cellular layer, opening enough tears to allow easy passage of a virus in ejaculated semen to enter the blood stream." It goes on, but I think you can see from what I've quoted here that the body was not designed to have penises in the rectum. It's painful, it's damaging, and the action can facilitate the transmission of diseases. Is God really cruel for prohibiting that practice? It looks to me like He is looking out for the health and well-fare of people.

2) You said that gays should be able to love whomever they wish, but why would you say that it should stop there? If a man, say, has a strong attraction to horses or sheep, you say let them have at it, right? Just because a person has unnatural tendencies---toward whatever---and he says loudly that he should have the right to "love" that sheep or dog or whatever, then he should have that right? To agree with your arguments, then that sheep-lover should be allowed to do whatever he wants to with the animal. That's OK?

3) It's not written anywhere that people MUST have sex, anyway. We are not animals. We can control our urges if we so wish. I commend the people that have desires toward the same sex for NOT following through on it.

So...is God mean? I see Him as caring about our physical and mental health. He designed things a certain way, and to go against what is natural is asking for trouble, not only with Him but with with circumstances we find ourselves in. Having said that, no one has a right to harm a person because they are gay, and gays should not be treated as less of a human being. Jehovah wants humans to follow certain ways of doing things, but does not approve of harming anybody.

:-| [/b]

Talishi
Guru

Post #10

Post by Talishi »

onewithhim wrote: If anyone deliberately goes against God Almighty, he will end up like Adam did.
Oh noes! Live for 930 years.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!