Do Christian homosexuals lack self-respect?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Do Christian homosexuals lack self-respect?

Post #1

Post by Justin108 »

How can you willingly follow a religion that calls you an abomination?

Miles
Savant

Post #2

Post by Miles »

From what I've seen they typically say that the OT prohibitions, having been superseded by NT laws and such, no longer carry any weight. At most it's a pardonable sin.

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Furrowed Brow »

The Quakers is an example of an inclusive Christianity.
http://quaker.org.uk/about-quakers/our-values

Sadly I understand their organisation is an exception.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Do Christian homosexuals lack self-respect?

Post #4

Post by Wootah »

Justin108 wrote: How can you willingly follow a religion that calls you an abomination?
All sin is an abomination really. I think the word taboo could replace abomination. But when one knows oneself then becoming a Christian seems more not less possible.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

beeswax
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by beeswax »

Wootah wrote:
Justin108 wrote: How can you willingly follow a religion that calls you an abomination?
All sin is an abomination really. I think the word taboo could replace abomination. But when one knows oneself then becoming a Christian seems more not less possible.
You have to define what 'sin' is though? And this is where Christians come unstuck.

Is stealing a loaf of bread to feed a hungry child a sin?

Is telling a loved one with a terminal illness a lie to protect them say of how long they likely to live a sin?

So these people say that ALL sin is an abomination and an affront to God and can't see the difference between the above and the really evil people and evil deeds that ARE an abomination. Despite what the Pope says, his Church who he is head of has homosexuals as evil and intrinsically disordered and until they get that removed from their ill thought out man made literature, they can get lost!

Jesus and Paul thought people were evil because of thought crime..Some insight they had to what real evil was...How come they didn't say the Romans were evil for crucifying thousands of Jewish people whom they must have seen when they walked by.

Strange how people think they know the mind of God, the whole time...

Christians did burn people at the stake for committing no crime or sin other than believing that Jesus was not God or in the trinity etc. I wonder who the REAL sinners are?

Wootah
Savant

Post #6

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 5 by beeswax]
You have to define what 'sin' is though? And this is where Christians come unstuck.
Not being right(eous) - missing the mark.
Is stealing a loaf of bread to feed a hungry child a sin?

Is telling a loved one with a terminal illness a lie to protect them say of how long they likely to live a sin?
Yes. Imagine robbing them of the chance to say goodbye to the people they wanted to.
So these people say that ALL sin is an abomination and an affront to God and can't see the difference between the above and the really evil people and evil deeds that ARE an abomination. Despite what the Pope says, his Church who he is head of has homosexuals as evil and intrinsically disordered and until they get that removed from their ill thought out man made literature, they can get lost!
Whilst I see the emotional appeal in your questions I don't think the no answer to them is moral.
Jesus and Paul thought people were evil because of thought crime..Some insight they had to what real evil was...How come they didn't say the Romans were evil for crucifying thousands of Jewish people whom they must have seen when they walked by.
Maybe he was worried about the speck in his own eye?
Christians did burn people at the stake for committing no crime or sin other than believing that Jesus was not God or in the trinity etc. I wonder who the REAL sinners are?
I have joked that since becoming a Christian that I now show mercy by giving my enemies a swift death. Christians are sinners, the difference is we admit it.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

bluethread
Savant

Post #7

Post by bluethread »

Wootah wrote:
All sin is an abomination really.
Not really, an abomination is direct rebellion, not an error. Knowingly eating pork as part of one's lifestyle is an abomination, because the commandment is clear and one is willfully doing so.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #8

Post by Clownboat »

Perhaps they acknowledge that Paul may have been referring to temple prostitution (fertility rituals).

Perhaps they view Paul as a guy that was trying to create a church and focus on Jesus's message rather than Paul's (whom never met said Jesus).
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #9

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Justin108]

I'm not sure if it's okay to express opinion in this forum, but I'll take a chance.

I can't answer for sure since I'm not a homosexual but I am a Christian and I know that the bible says that as long as people (homosexual or hetrosexual) do not practice sexual immorality and hate what God hates and love what he loves, they can be acceptable to Him as His children, so from a scriptural point of view, I don't see why anyone that is born with that inclination should feel unduly bad about themselves.

Whether they do or not would I suppose depend on how they feel about the bible's message and their own personal struggles. Not so different from any of us really.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

puddleglum
Sage

Post #10

Post by puddleglum »

The Bible says that all of us are sinners who deserve condemnation, regardless of whether we are gay or straight.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV)

Homosexual practice is no different from any other sin. Anyone who practices it excludes himself from the kingdom of God. But it can be forgiven just as any other sin can.

And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
(1 Corinthians 6:11 ESV)

Here are two good sites that will help you understand this subject from a Christian perspective:

http://truefreedomtrust.co.uk/start_here

https://bornthatway.org/

Many of the "gay rights" organizations that are seeking approval of homosexual practice are actually agents of Satan seeking to condemn homosexuals.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -of-light/
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV