Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Duggar family values??

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

http://gawker.com/five-women-sue-duggar ... 1738185507

yet another link to sex abuse and the Quiverfull movement.

Question for debate is there systemic sexual abuse in the Quiverfull movement?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #71

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to tam]
Who is building upon Christ?
Well, since Christ built upon Peter – pretty sure we ought to follow His lead.

How can one build upon Christ and not follow His lead?

It is Christ Himself who said, “He who hears you, hears me. . .�

Those who hear the authoritative Church He established, as it is the means He established for our salvation.

Your bumper sticker phrase, “follow Jesus� stops short. How do we follow Jesus? We need to know what Jesus actually said, what He actually did. We need to know exactly what He said and did meant. He gave us His Church to help us with this. It is the only thing that makes sense – as it is the only way to be certain we are following Christ – otherwise we are following ourselves.

tam
Savant

Post #72

Post by tam »

RightReason wrote: [Replying to tam]
Well, since Christ built upon Peter – pretty sure we ought to follow His lead.

How can one build upon Christ and not follow His lead?

It is Christ Himself who said, “He who hears you, hears me. . .�

Your incorrect application of this verse has been refuted at the start of post 42 and post 49.
Those who believe and remain in His word, obey His commands, follow Him.

Those who build their house upon the Rock (Christ), instead of upon the sand.

“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.�

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #73

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to tam]
Your incorrect application of this verse has been refuted at the start of post 42 and post 49.
Ha, ha, ha . . . I think you mean attempt of refutation of my post in post 42 and 49 demonstrates incorrect application on your part.

When Jesus Himself establishes His Church, gives His Church authority and says, “He who hears you, hears me�, “I give you the keys to the kingdom�, “Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven�, and then God gives us Scripture which declares the Church as the ‘pillar and foundation of truth’, I’m not sure how anyone could argue that Christ did not equate following His Church with following Him. His words, actions, and promise to remain with His Church show just this. You continue to mistakenly equate listening to the Church Christ established as somehow usurping Christ’s authority. You also seem to leave out when Christ said, “Follow me�, it would mean to follow Him in the way He desired and clearly all the above Scripture included in this very paragraph demonstrate Christ desired us to follow His Church. One would have to blatantly ignore His words to not do so.

Quote:

Those who believe and remain in His word, obey His commands, follow Him.

Those who build their house upon the Rock (Christ), instead of upon the sand.
Exactly. So please remain in His word, obey His commands, and follow Him.