Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

DanieltheDragon
Savant

monogamy is not immune from STDs

Post #1

Post by DanieltheDragon »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/02/health/zi ... act-texas/

Zika virus primarily contracted through mosquitos can now also be translated sexually. I have heard on these forums that stds are a punishment to sexual immorality and the monogamous and abstinent are immune. Ignoring the obvious failures of this argument Zika virus completely blows this out of the water. Now your partner can get bit and transmit the virus sexually to you.

Does monogamy really protect people from stds ?
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Donray
Guru

Post #11

Post by Donray »

JehovahsWitness wrote: [Replying to post 9 by Donray]

Not for Christians it doessn't. You'll have to speak to Jews about their interpretation of the rest but I hazard a guess that they would disagree that the Mosaic law allows for rape, but I'm not an orthodox Jew.

I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Actually Jews should have a much better idea about the OT then a Christian. They Christians pick and choose what to believe.

Of course the OT allows people to have multiply wives, concubines and whores.

2 Samuel 5:13 ESV / 17 helpful votes

And David took more concubines and wives from Jerusalem, after he came from Hebron, and more sons and daughters were born to David.

1 Kings 11:2-3 ESV / 16 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

From the nations concerning which the Lord had said to the people of Israel, “You shall not enter into marriage with them, neither shall they with you, for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods.� Solomon clung to these in love. He had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines. And his wives turned away his heart.

Judges 19:1-30 ESV / 10 helpful votes

In those days, when there was no king in Israel, a certain Levite was sojourning in the remote parts of the hill country of Ephraim, who took to himself a concubine from Bethlehem in Judah. And his concubine was unfaithful to him, and she went away from him to her father's house at Bethlehem in Judah, and was there some four months. Then her husband arose and went after her, to speak kindly to her and bring her back. He had with him his servant and a couple of donkeys. And she brought him into her father's house. And when the girl's father saw him, he came with joy to meet him. And his father-in-law, the girl's father, made him stay, and he remained with him three days. So they ate and drank and spent the night there. And on the fourth day they arose early in the morning, and he prepared to go, but the girl's father said to his son-in-law, “Strengthen your heart with a morsel of bread, and after that you may go.� ...

Exodus 21:10 ESV / 4 helpful votes

If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Donray wrote:

Not for Christians it doessn't. You'll have to speak to Jews about their interpretation of the rest but I hazard a guess that they would disagree that the Mosaic law allows for rape, but I'm not an orthodox Jew.

Actually Jews should have a much better idea about the OT then a Christian. They Christians pick and choose what to believe.

Yes, which is why I choose to be a Christian. Your point?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Donray
Guru

Post #13

Post by Donray »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Donray wrote:

Yes, which is why I choose to be a Christian. Your point?

Same OT, same god. As a matter of fact, the JWs are closer to Jewish then Christin.

Are you telling me the OT is nothing but BS?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Donray wrote:Are you telling me the OT is nothing but BS?
First of all I don't use such language nor to I expect to see it (or any such euphemisms) on this forum.

Secondly your comment implies a false dichotomy which is an over simplication that limits possible theological options to a number of two.

JW

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Donray
Guru

Post #15

Post by Donray »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
First of all I don't use such language nor to I expect to see it (or any such euphemisms) on this forum.

Secondly your comment implies a false dichotomy which is an over simplication that limits possible theological options to a number of two.

JW
You failed to answer the question. Do you believe the OT to be true in all aspects or could you tell us what parts are jut stories and have nothing to do with God.

Tell me if you believe Jesus to be a demigod, God, or just a man.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

Donray wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:

JW
You failed to answer the question. .
Yes I did because I do not come he to converse with those that use vulgar, insulting or objectionable language.
Donray wrote:Do you believe the OT to be true in all aspects or could you tell us what parts are jut stories and have nothing to do with God.

Thank you for rephrasing.

Yes I do considert he "old testament" (the Hebrews Scriptures) to be true in all aspects. They all are connected (have something to "do with God") in some way or another.

Yes.

I believe Jesus to be a god (although not Almighty God YHWH (Jehovah) the Creator. I believe Jesus came to earth as a human (man) but is now presently a mighty spirit in the heavens ("heaven" as in where God, Jehovah (The Father) lives).

JW