Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Was Jesus Gay?

Post #1

Post by JJ50 »

Jesus apparently had a specific disciple, presumably a guy, whom he loved,he never condemned homosexuality, of course there is nothing wrong with being in a relationship with someone of the same sex, so I wonder if he was gay? If it could be proved he was, I wonder how those Christians who are anti-gay bigots would react?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Re: Was Jesus Gay?

Post #51

Post by Danmark »

Difflugia wrote:
Danmark wrote:There is no record of marriage, children, or a special female friendship anything akin to the clear references to John, the beloved disciple.
That's true of all the disciples except Peter and his wife was only mentioned indirectly.

Jesus didn't just "love" John (if the references even mean John), but also loved Martha, her sister and Lazarus (John 11:5). If John's Gospel used "loved" as a coded reference to lovers in a romantic or erotic sense, then it sounds like Jesus was beyond mundane things like plumbing when choosing his special friends.

You know, John's Gospel is also the one that implied that Jesus could make changes to himself that made him unrecognizable to both friends and crowds. Maybe water into wine was just the trick that got the party going and he had better tricks for after everyone had loosened up a bit.
Good points, except any reference to the G of John re: facts is misplaced. The author of 'John' is clearly unencumbered by an affinity for facts. He launched himself on a journey of fancy and speculation, of science fiction unmatched until another John imagined the visions in Revelation.

The other gospels and Acts at least make a showing of attempting to appear documentary. John's gospel just goes off like a speculative wrangle thru the clouds of imagination with no foundation, making wild claims as if the author were God Himself.

mitty
Sage

Re: Was Jesus Gay?

Post #52

Post by mitty »

1213 wrote:
JJ50 wrote: Jesus apparently had a specific disciple, presumably a guy, whom he loved,he never condemned homosexuality, of course there is nothing wrong with being in a relationship with someone of the same sex, so I wonder if he was gay? If it could be proved he was, I wonder how those Christians who are anti-gay bigots would react?
Love in Bible is not same as homosexual act, which is not good and reasonable move. Jesus told he didn’t come to destroy the law, so when the law says homosexual act is not good, that is still valid saying.

Don't think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets. I didn't come to destroy, but to fulfill. For most assuredly, I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not even one smallest letter or one tiny pen stroke shall in any way pass away from the law, until all things are accomplished. Whoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and teach others to do so, shall be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven; but whoever shall do and teach them shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Mat. 5:17-19

I don’t believe Jesus was homosexual, because if he would have been, he would probably have tried to destroy the law.
But the bible does not condemn homosexuality, and only condemns anal sex of women and men which is described as "vile" and "unseemly" (Romans 1:26-27) and disgusting (Lev 18 & 20), as is eating oysters (Leviticus). And afterall Jesus said nothing about homosexuality and his relationship with one of his disciples (John 19:26 21:7) except to ask his followers to accept that some men do not marry because they are so born from their mothers' wombs (Matt 19:12).