the biggest problem: sex?

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

the biggest problem: sex?

Post #1

Post by cristian_gavrilescu »

homosexuality, incest, pedophilia, zoophilia, necrophilia are forbidden, the sex must be done only between spouses, you can break up with your wife only if she committed adultery. God says: be fruitful and multiply. he doesn't say: make sex, he doesn't say: make love. the purpose of sex must be procreation. nevertheless, paul says to do your duty as a husband, to not fall into temptation, but he also says this: abstinence is the right way. bible quotes:
16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife. (Exodus 22:16)
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. (Matthew 5:28)
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. (Matthew 5:32)
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. (Leviticus 18:22)
God says this:
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)
paul says this:
7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. (1Corinthians 7:1-6)

this is my opinion, you have other?

Miles
Savant

Re: the biggest problem: sex?

Post #2

Post by Miles »

[Replying to post 1 by cristian_gavrilescu]

Just as a correction; while homosexual sex is forbidden, homosexuality---the attraction to or desire for someone of the same sex---is not.

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

Post #3

no, maybe God can understand you if you like the same sex, i don't know
to desire sex is a sinn

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: no, maybe God can understand you if you like the same sex, i don't know
to desire sex is a sinn
Need a chapter and verse. What do you have?

cristian_gavrilescu
Student

Post #5

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (Matthew 5:27-30)

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by 2ndRateMind »

It's only a problem because the Church makes it it's problem.

Most of us are quite capable of ordering our sex-lives satisfactorily. And when we can't, say, in cases of paedophilia, on which the Church's record is far from perfect, there is criminal law to deal with.

My own feeling is that the church is entirely justified in debating theology, and even philosophy, but has little in the way of credentials to offer where the rubber hits the road, and specific real-world decisions need must be made.

If the Church had as much to say about poverty, as it does on sex, I would be considerably happier with it.

But I might be wrong. (Rare, but not altogether impossible!).

Best wishes, 2RM
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to 2ndRateMind in post #6]

If the Church had as much to say about poverty, as it does on sex...
I think the world would be better off for sure. But you can substitute most any word for poverty and it still hold true.
I wonder if some of the reason why they focus on sex so much is because it's easy. It's easier to try to control one's sex life (through laws, especially) that it is to tackle the issue of poverty, poor education, healthcare in developing countries, hate and on and on.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Miles
Savant

Post #8

Post by Miles »

Onarta wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 pm We all have to be faithful to our wives for sure. I totally agree with what our religion dictates and demands. After all we are all here for a short period of time, so the next path is what we should care of.
What I find interesting is that god doesn't condemn masturbation, oral sex, or anal sex among two females or among those of opposite sex, before or after marriage.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by 2ndRateMind »

cristian_gavrilescu wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:04 am ...this is my opinion, you have other?
Indeed so. God made us all, either heterosexual or homosexual, according to His (and our) pleasure. To be honest, I think this rift between progressive liberals and regressive conservatives does more damage to the Christian movement than the topic warrants.

For what it's worth, I am single and celibate these days, and so have no dog in this fight, and can take an impartial view of the matter. And I am celibate not because I think there to be any virtue in that, merely because I have discovered that to be the way of being and way of life that suits me best. In fact I might suggest that celibacy is the worst of all perversions, since all the others have at least something to do with sex.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost

SeekerofTruth
Student

Re:

Post #10

Post by SeekerofTruth »

[Replying to cristian_gavrilescu in post #5]

The verse you quoted, “If a man looks at a woman and lusts.....”, is improperly translated. The word woman is better translated wife. Christ didn’t speak against polygamy, or concubines because God didn’t forbid it. However He did forbid coveting your neighbour’s wife. This is the adultery in your heart Christ spoke of. My goodness, what a terrible burden would be placed on us if it was so sinful to merely be attracted to a beautiful female, so long she is single. You are correct, lesbianism was never prohibited to women, just “bending over for an animal as for a man”. Regardless, sex as food is one of the most natural addictions. Like any addiction we must be careful not to overindulge lest it take control.