Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Should I start healing people?

Post #1

Post by Veridican »

You know, it strikes me: Everyone just wants to talk--no one really wants to listen. People are set in their ways. I may hold the true doctrine of Christ, but everyone else thinks they hold the truth as well. How then can I reach anyone? I'm not going to convince anyone by talking. I think I'm going to have to take a lesson from Christ and start adding something to my talking--and that would be "doing."

I mean, what did he do? He gave them loaves and fishes, didn't he? He did miracles. He didn't just preach. Me and my hot air. Even if it's the truth--what difference does that make?

I can do two kinds of miracles: I can give personal prophecies, and I can do healings.

Everyone calls me a heretic anyway. All the groups on MeWe think I'm Satanic. I can't win. So, why fight?

I think when I get back on Facebook, I'm going to start a group dedicated to personal prophecies and healings. That can be my loaves and fishes, can't it?

I swear, sometimes I think I'm the biggest hypocrite in the world. I preach and preach that we should follow ONLY the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, and I barely do any of it. I just wallow in my depression and hopelessness. Maybe it's time to actually step out in faith a little.

Any advice? Any suggestions? :?
All for Christ and only for Christ! :wave:

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Should I start healing people?

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pmI just wallow in my depression and hopelessness.
What's making you feel depressed and hopeless? That people don't listen to you? That they don't believe you? Something else?
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #3

Post by Bust Nak »

Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm Any advice? Any suggestions?
If you are good at something, never do it for free. There are no end to people willing to hand over cash for "personal prophecies and healings."

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Veridican »

Bust Nak wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:43 am
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm Any advice? Any suggestions?
If you are good at something, never do it for free. There are no end to people willing to hand over cash for "personal prophecies and healings."
It's not like it's a hard truth to understand, you know. It seems like a dilemma, but it's really not. If a minister is full-time, they have to be able to live. They have to have enough to "do the ministry." Otherwise, there's nothing. It's all over. And while it is wrong for a minister to get rich off his followers, it is equally disgusting and debasing for people to expect free handouts. Anyone who has it to ask, has it to give. So, I think if I do this thing, I will follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. After all, I have to realize--this time--what I'm giving I got for free from God in order that I might give it--freely. At the same time, if someone wants to donate something, I'm going to have the means for that available to them. Because while there are fewer and fewer of these people in the world, there are still some who feel if they've gotten something from someone, they should give something as well. It's a dying moral idea, but it's still out there among some people.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Should I start healing people?

Yes. Start with the right wing fascists and work your way up to the Kardashians.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm You know, it strikes me: Everyone just wants to talk--no one really wants to listen. People are set in their ways. I may hold the true doctrine of Christ, but everyone else thinks they hold the truth as well. How then can I reach anyone? I'm not going to convince anyone by talking. I think I'm going to have to take a lesson from Christ and start adding something to my talking--and that would be "doing."
You may hold the "true doctrine of christ", but i got me a picture disc of Dark Side of the Moon.
I mean, what did he do? He gave them loaves and fishes, didn't he? He did miracles. He didn't just preach. Me and my hot air. Even if it's the truth--what difference does that make?
Yeah, you and your hot air.
I can do two kinds of miracles: I can give personal prophecies, and I can do healings.
It's kinda cute how you carry on.

If you wanna perform a miracle, bring back Piano Red.
Everyone calls me a heretic anyway.
Naw now, some of was ahollering us something else, it just got cut off by the censors.
All the groups on MeWe think I'm Satanic. I can't win. So, why fight?
I was on goofy. I thought your thoughts was a Disney character.
I think when I get back on Facebook, I'm going to start a group dedicated to personal prophecies and healings. That can be my loaves and fishes, can't it?
Here's a personal prophecy - you'll no more show your god claims're truth'n I'll show I get to put me my feet up on the coffe table cause it's in my dang house.
I swear, sometimes I think I'm the biggest hypocrite in the world. I preach and preach that we should follow ONLY the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, and I barely do any of it. I just wallow in my depression and hopelessness. Maybe it's time to actually step out in faith a little.
Dude. We can fuss all year on who has us the worst of it.

Notice you declare your depression, as you profess your religion.
Hot chicks, pot, shrooms, barbeque, and rock and roll!
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Veridican »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:20 pm Should I start healing people?

Yes. Start with the right wing fascists and work your way up to the Kardashians.
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm You know, it strikes me: Everyone just wants to talk--no one really wants to listen. People are set in their ways. I may hold the true doctrine of Christ, but everyone else thinks they hold the truth as well. How then can I reach anyone? I'm not going to convince anyone by talking. I think I'm going to have to take a lesson from Christ and start adding something to my talking--and that would be "doing."
You may hold the "true doctrine of christ", but i got me a picture disc of Dark Side of the Moon.
Yeah, you and your hot air.
It's kinda cute how you carry on.

If you wanna perform a miracle, bring back Piano Red.
Everyone calls me a heretic anyway.
Naw now, some of was ahollering us something else, it just got cut off by the censors.
All the groups on MeWe think I'm Satanic. I can't win. So, why fight?
I was on goofy. I thought your thoughts was a Disney character.
Here's a personal prophecy - you'll no more show your god claims're truth'n I'll show I get to put me my feet up on the coffe table cause it's in my dang house.
Dude. We can fuss all year on who has us the worst of it.

Notice you declare your depression, as you profess your religion.
Hot chicks, pot, shrooms, barbeque, and rock and roll!

You should try to be more civil.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Veridican »

UPDATE:

The Lord spoke to me today. This isn't my bag. My thing, and I had this prophecy 3 years ago, is Veridicanism and the start of the first church of Veridicanism, and that's it. Write books about it. Write articles. Debate it with Christians. Try to wake people up. Show them how to be Christ, and that's that.

Not that I wouldn't pray in faith for someone. Not that I wouldn't do a prophecy for someone. But it's not my thing to make a ministry out of it.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by Veridican »

Difflugia wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:40 am
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pmI just wallow in my depression and hopelessness.
What's making you feel depressed and hopeless? That people don't listen to you? That they don't believe you? Something else?
I had a whole response posted to you on this. It's disappeared. Seems like that happens quite a bit, and it's always when a global mod joins the conversation. It was sitting here all day.

But I'll answer your question again. I think we're coming to the tribulation. I think the world is going to go very bad and soon. I don't think my message will accomplish anything in this world. But I know that's in God's hands, not mine. My job is just to do my job. And he has made it clear what that is. See my post "Update" below.

But my moods are up and down all the time anyway. Always have been. I do wish more people would believe what I have to say. I find that people won't even consider it. They cling to their traditions and what they've been "raised" to believe, and for a lot of Christians, the classic doctrine comforts them. They cling to the OT and the Letters of Paul, James, John, Peter and Jude because those things are direct and comfortable. Jesus is hard--the truth is hard.

One thing I have to start thinking about: I just wrote a comprehensive academic paper on how Revelation has described the Church eras and how we are at the end of the Church age. I have to stop thinking like I'm going to be some regular minister for some regular congregation. That's all dead. That's all over. I better start re-imagining what it means to be starting this "thing." I know what it means to be a priest, that I got down. I think I need to focus on that and stop thinking like a "minister."

Anyway, thanks for letting me blab. It helps me feel more "up." :thanks: O:)

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Purple Knight »

Talking to one another has value. I also tend to be depressed. It helps.

Thinking we have power over randomness I admit, generates healthy positivity.

You can heal my cat of her barrenness, I'll say it was from God (the basically Spinozan one), and we'll probably both be happier.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #10

Post by Diagoras »

Veridican wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:20 pmI think we're coming to the tribulation. I think the world is going to go very bad and soon. I don't think my message will accomplish anything in this world.
These kind of thoughts are not uncommon. If they are affecting your ability to live a normal daily life, it might be worthwhile seeking some help from someone medically trained.

But my moods are up and down all the time anyway. Always have been.
If the swings ever feel too severe, there are reliable ways to 'smooth them out' (and not necessarily purely by medication).

One thing I have to start thinking about: I just wrote a comprehensive academic paper on how Revelation has described the Church eras and how we are at the end of the Church age.
Which journal or organisation is publishing it (or who are you planning to submit it to)? Are you worried about it being rejected or not read by the audience you hope to reach?

I have to stop thinking like I'm going to be some regular minister for some regular congregation. That's all dead. That's all over.
'Dead' as in 'can never go back'? You could be describing something like a crisis of confidence or a sudden feeling of purposelessness - again, not at all uncommon.

Talking these things out is usually helpful, so glad to hear that even just posting 'blab' is doing you some good.