In memory of Charles Norman

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

In memory of Charles Norman

Post #1

Post by otseng »

I just heard the news that Charles Henderson Norman passed away.

https://www.facebook.com/charleshenderson.norman

He was once a very active forum member and had been a highly influential forum participant. He definitely did not hold back on expressing his views. And if you were on the opposing side of him, you felt like a grasshopper debating a giant. He was a master of words and could argue strenuously. He was also influential off the forum and many became his friends.

May G*d give his soul rest and comfort to all who knew him.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: In memory of Charles Norman

Post #2

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Heartbreaking news.

Rest in peace dear friend.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Goat »

otseng wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:51 am I just heard the news that Charles Henderson Norman passed away.

He was once a very active forum member and had been a highly influential forum participant. He definitely did not hold back on expressing his views. And if you were on the opposing side of him, you felt like a grasshopper debating a giant. He was a master of words and could argue strenuously. He was also influential off the forum and many became his friends.

He's one of the two people who was active on this forum at one time whose death was difficult to take. I had gotten an email from his wife about it.

He did have one book to his name that actually got published 'A fire in the Rock' can be found on Amazon. It's a story about the exodus that is told by the wife of Moses.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Diogenes
Guru

Post #5

Post by Diogenes »

otseng wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:51 am I just heard the news that Charles Henderson Norman passed away.

No! I don't believe it! Don't want to. Charles may have been my first friend here. He honored me with his kind private remarks and public appreciation. I never met him in person, but we kept up a private correspondence. I am proud to say we agreed about most things, even fairly arcane theology. He was a good man. There's a Mark Twain quote, I'll have to look up to get it right....
There are various versions of this, but...
"Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."

The undertaker and I are sorry.

Before You Embark On A Journey Of Revenge, Dig Two Graves

— Confucius