Welcome!

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

His Name Is John
Site Supporter

Welcome!

Post #1

Post by His Name Is John »

It seems to me, that new members rarely post a introduction thread anymore. As such I am making this thread as a way that new members can say hi, and get to know a couple of people on the forums.

So to all the new members:

First of all, hello! :wave:

Second, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself?
“People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.�
- G.K. Chesterton

“A detective story generally describes six living men discussing how it is that a man is dead. A modern philosophic story generally describes six dead men discussing how any man can possibly be alive.�
- G.K. Chesterton

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Introduction

Post #441

Post by Clownboat »

JohnDamron wrote: I am John Damron.I am a newbie user to this forum.I believe in the existence of God.I work as a content writer for an online firm.I had a strong passion for writing from a very young age itself.That's why I opted writing as my career.I hope this forum would help me to enhance my knowledge.
Welcome to the forum!

There are many versions of god concepts out there. Which one is it that you happen
to believe in?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Socrates06282018

anti-thiest welcome?

Post #442

Post by Socrates06282018 »

My name is classified because my mom still doesn't know I'm an anti-theist and I don't want her to find out because it would kill her. She's 88 and fragile mentally.
I used to be a mormon but left after about 20 years. Then I went through an agnostic phase and now I'm an outright anti-theist. ( Against gods, any gods ).
It's my goal to sack the city of god and kill him. Looking forward to debating although I don't know any multi-sylable words and never made it past a BS degree and don't even know how to spell philosophy. I'm willing to listen but when the conversation turns into a fantasy I lose patience. I have anger management issues because of the frustration of trying to reach believers with logic and evidence. My personal belief is that the Bible was irrellavent 2K years ago.

Clownboat
Savant

Re: anti-thiest welcome?

Post #443

Post by Clownboat »

Socrates06282018 wrote: My name is classified because my mom still doesn't know I'm an anti-theist and I don't want her to find out because it would kill her. She's 88 and fragile mentally.
I used to be a mormon but left after about 20 years. Then I went through an agnostic phase and now I'm an outright anti-theist. ( Against gods, any gods ).
It's my goal to sack the city of god and kill him. Looking forward to debating although I don't know any multi-sylable words and never made it past a BS degree and don't even know how to spell philosophy. I'm willing to listen but when the conversation turns into a fantasy I lose patience. I have anger management issues because of the frustration of trying to reach believers with logic and evidence. My personal belief is that the Bible was irrellavent 2K years ago.
Welcome to the forum!
Looking forward to your kind, patient and understanding posts!
8-)
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

hoiskii

Post #444

Post by hoiskii »

Hi,
I am a born 100%atheist. In fact, I was on this forum several years ago as 100%atheist ... but discontinued due to my ... I wouldn't go into details.

I have a difficult political view, called realism. I think US has a chance to get better because Trump is the president. I am anti-illegal immigration, anti-gun, and pro-abortion, which makes me, I guess, a weirdo on double.

I do NOT hate Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc., but I believe people would be better off without spending SO much resources and time on religion.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #445

Post by Clownboat »

hoiskii wrote: Hi,
I am a born 100%atheist. In fact, I was on this forum several years ago as 100%atheist ... but discontinued due to my ... I wouldn't go into details.

I have a difficult political view, called realism. I think US has a chance to get better because Trump is the president. I am anti-illegal immigration, anti-gun, and pro-abortion, which makes me, I guess, a weirdo on double.

I do NOT hate Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc., but I believe people would be better off without spending SO much resources and time on religion.
Welcome back!
Looking forward to your thoughts once again.

furyoku111

Post #446

Post by furyoku111 »

[font=Arial][/font]

Good Day all, Im new here from the Philippines. Wanted to Know if anybody has already heard of my religion. If so, I would like to share my experiences in this religion. If none yet, I am here to introduce to you guys my religion. My religious sect is PMCC 4th Watch. PMCC Stands for Pentecostal Missionary Church of Christ 4th Watch. Many trolls and bashers had been on the internet trying to post wrong notions about our religion so they need to know it from the people who are from the religion. I hope you explore with me. God bless

Neatras
Guru

Post #447

Post by Neatras »

[Replying to post 441 by furyoku111]

Welcome aboard! I don't know the exact idiosyncrasies of your sect, but I get the feeling I can at least understand the gist of it if it's explained, having been a member of the Nazarene church in my youth.

furyoku111

Post #448

Post by furyoku111 »

Hi Neatras, do I post a reply here about my religion? or does it go out of the topic when I post it here?

SeaPriestess
Student

Hello

Post #449

Post by SeaPriestess »

Hello,

I used to be in the old MSN group Christian Debate. Was wondering if there is anyone here from that old group.

I'm curious about deepening my understanding by reading mostly. I don't really have the energy or desire to "debate" anything. However, there are a few hot buttons and things I get passionate about, things I like to "get off my chest". I was "saved" in 1990. I spent many years "debating" and studying Christianity. My path has pretty much been a series of twists and turns, just like life in general is for most people. I've always been one who desires experiences, first and foremost. In the early days of being "saved", my experience with Jesus was very powerful, important and positive. I wouldn't call myself an ex-Christian. I'm more of an emotionally and spiritually evolved person. I wouldn't equate those terms with elitism and arrogance either. I love discussing religions, cosmology, philosophy, psychology, relationships. Hoping to engage with interesting individuals. Looking forward to participating!

manofIslam

Post #450

Post by manofIslam »

Assalamu Alaikum; Hello; thanks for having me on the forum.