does anyone want to debate an atheist?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

sonicfox
Student

does anyone want to debate an atheist?

Post #1

Post by sonicfox »

Im looking for a chat debate, someone with experience that can tell me why they believe in whatever it is they do.

Chat only, one on one if possible, i dont know if its possible in this website tho

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #11

Post by Divine Insight »

sonicfox wrote: So youre agnostic because you somehow agree that science cant explain everything hence a conclusion that a after life exists?
Where did I make any conclusion that an afterlife exists? :-k
sonicfox wrote: care to have patience to elaborate in a form that i can understand what you are trying to say?
All I'm saying is the following:

First off Science fails to include all "observations" even though it claims to be a discipline that is based on "observation".

Recall that science only postulates that energy has the following properties because this is all that science claims we can "observe".

1. Gravity
2. Electromagnetism
3. Strong Nuclear Force
4. Weak Nuclear Force

Mysticism postulates that energy has the following properties because it's clear to the mystics that we can observe all of these properties.

1. Subjective Experience
2. Gravity
3. Electromagnetism
4. Strong Nuclear Force
5. Weak Nuclear Force

So I ask you, which is more reasonable to go with? The incomplete observations of science, or the complete observations of Mysticism?

In fact the mystics rightfully point out that we wouldn't even be able to "observe" forces 2 through 5, if we didn't first "observe" the fact that we are indeed having a subjective experience. So for the mystics, not only is subjective experience an "observable property" of the substance of our universe, but without it we wouldn't be able to make any "observations" at all. :D

Does this mean that we need to then conclude that there is "life after death"?

You tell me.

Besides, we already know there is life after death. When someone dies life goes on, right? 8-)
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #12

Post by OnceConvinced »

sonicfox wrote:
*Mod made this thread a "general chat" what is this?

Moderator Clarification

It was originally posted in one of the debate sub-forum. As it was not an actual debate I moved it to general chat. If you decide you want to debate, you can then start up specific topics with questions. You can also have a structured one-on-one debate if you find someone in particular you wish to debate with.

If you have any further questions on that, feel free to PM me or have a read of the forum rules on how to start a debate. :)

One other thing, please be careful not to make insulting blanket statements about specific groups. In your previous post, you made a disparaging remark about theists. We have a lot of theist members here on this site and putting them all down like that would not be a good start.

Rules
C&A Guidelines

Moderator clarifications do not count as a strike against any posters. They serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received and/or are given at the discretion of a moderator when he or she feels a clarification of the rules is required.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

sonicfox
Student

Post #13

Post by sonicfox »

[Replying to post 12 by OnceConvinced]

oh yeah i forgot, that was automatic i wrote that when i was about to go to bed, my bad, wont happen again

zjsd26
Student

Post #14

Post by zjsd26 »

I'll be up for the challenge hahaha.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: does anyone want to debate an atheist?

Post #15

Post by ttruscott »

sonicfox wrote: Im looking for a chat debate, someone with experience that can tell me why they believe in whatever it is they do.

Chat only, one on one if possible, i dont know if its possible in this website tho

I'm ready depending on your restriction and limits...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Caltacka

Re: does anyone want to debate an atheist?

Post #16

Post by Caltacka »

[Replying to post 1 by sonicfox]

[sonicfox wrote:

Im looking for a chat debate, someone with experience that can tell me why they believe in whatever it is they do.
Chat only, one on one if possible, i dont know if its possible in this website tho]

Hey! I'd be willing too...That is if this thread isn't outdated and you haven't already found someone.

I'm not exactly the expert your looking for,but I am a theist and do know my reasons for believing...

I'm Catholic to be exact.Though I only believe in reason...So essentially what I mean is that if something according to history/science shows to be leaning to one side or the other I feel very inclined to take that up as a practice...Though you'll have to show me sources.

But by all means,anyone who's up for a discussion of any kind or any topic feel free to send me a message.I'll try to get back asap.duty calls so it may take a bit lol.