Building your own business - Question for Goose

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher
Scholar

Building your own business - Question for Goose

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

Hi all, I would have normally just pm'ed Goose with this question but it's becoming too much of a hassle.

My question is for anyone who's built a business, particularly in the finance industry. Goose, if you're reading this, I know you said that you run your own financial services company.

How long did it take for you to become profitable? What would you say your AUM is? What was your method was client prospecting? How many employees do you have on your payroll? What's your annual income?

Sorry if these questions are too personal. I would just like to gain some perspective on how difficult the process is of building your own financial services company without having a book of clients handed to you.

I have a comfortable corporate job working as a fixed income broker, but I would like more of a challenge and more autonomy in my work. At the same time, I don't consider myself a natural entrepreneur/salesman, so any type of venture to start my own financial advisor firm would be outside my comfort zone.

Goose
Guru

Re: Building your own business - Question for Goose

Post #2

Post by Goose »

WinePusher wrote:Goose, if you're reading this, I know you said that you run your own financial services company.
Hey Winepusher. I just saw this. I'll send a PM.

mauricee

Re: Building your own business - Question for Goose

Post #3

Post by mauricee »

Where can I find some more feedback?