A Weird Test

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

liamconnor
Prodigy

A Weird Test

Post #1

Post by liamconnor »

I would like to ask a yes or no question, but before asking it, I request a sworn oath from atheists to answer either yes or no or give no response at all. No other comments.

Now, for this first half of the OP, what atheists can do this? that is, promise to remain silent, or give a yes and no response and no other?

DanieltheDragon
Savant

Re: A Weird Test

Post #31

Post by DanieltheDragon »

Zzyzx wrote: .
[Replying to post 28 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I was 25 in 1964 -- and owned a 265 powered Chevrolet (1955 if memory serves). It was a sweetheart. I later owned big block GM cars, including a 67 GTO and an SS 396 (1970?) -- both four speed four barrel.

For the last few decades my primary vehicles have been pickup trucks -- and since 90s Dodge Cummins 4x4 (have a '92 and '93). I now also have a 98' VW Beetle that is convenient and cheap to drive (and saves wear on expensive machinery).
Working with a buddy of mine on an old Grumin bread van as much as I love new cars for their efficiency complexity and performance. You can't just simply wrench them yourself any more.
Post 1: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:48 am Otseng has been banned
Otseng has been banned for having multiple accounts and impersonating a moderator.

Tired of the Nonsense
Site Supporter

Re: A Weird Test

Post #32

Post by Tired of the Nonsense »

Zzyzx wrote: .
[Replying to post 28 by Tired of the Nonsense]

I was 25 in 1964 -- and owned a 265 powered Chevrolet (1955 if memory serves). It was a sweetheart. I later owned big block GM cars, including a 67 GTO and an SS 396 (1970?) -- both four speed four barrel.

For the last few decades my primary vehicles have been pickup trucks -- and since 90s Dodge Cummins 4x4 (have a '92 and '93). I now also have a 98' VW Beetle that is convenient and cheap to drive (and saves wear on expensive machinery).
To me the 67 was the sweetest of the Goats. My brother and I keep talking about finding one and restoring it. Neither of us is getting any younger though.

My first five cars were a 57 Chevy (4 door), and 57 Chevy (2 door) a 61 Impala, a 68 Firebird, and a 64 327 Malibu SS, in that order. The one I actually miss the most is the Impala. I put blue diamond tuck upholstery in it and it was such a sweet clean car. But I would like to have any one of them back now. Even the 4-door.

Now I drive a 22 year old Accord. Why? Because I bought it new and it has never been in the shop. So I have never had any reason to want to get rid if it.
Image "The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -- Albert Einstein -- Written in 1954 to Jewish philosopher Erik Gutkind.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #33

Post by Bust Nak »

Disappointing, where is my yes no only question? I was looking forward to loaded questions and false dichotomies.

jgh7

Post #34

Post by jgh7 »

Okay here's my theory: He already asked the question. The OP was the question, and whether we only replied 'yes' or 'no' or nothing at all to it was the test. I failed it.

Willum
Savant

Post #35

Post by Willum »

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #36

Post by rikuoamero »

Somehow I stumbled upon this old thread, and upon reviewing it...liam never actually gave his challenge.
Liam, I don't suppose you remember what you were going to ask us? You got plenty of us, including yours truly, to bite.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense