Where is Zzyzx?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Where is Zzyzx?

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

For those who might wonder about my reduced presence in the Forum as debating member and as Admin / Moderator:

I have requested (and been granted) a 'leave of absence' or 'sabbatical' from Admin and Moderating Team due to time conflicts (but will 'check in" frequently and may post occasionally).

Increasingly, I am becoming involved in resisting trends that affect our nation -- hate, divisiveness, stereotyping, bigotry, violence, militarization of police, fascism, international catastrophes, warmongering, etc. That is in addition to a lot of activity in daily life 'on the farm' and my writings.

Although I am not politically inclined and am not aligned with any political party, I feel an obligation to help however possible to reverse these negative directions.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Where is Zzyzx?

Post #2

Post by myth-one.com »

Zzyzx wrote: .
Increasingly, I am becoming involved in resisting trends that affect our nation -- hate, divisiveness, stereotyping, bigotry, violence, militarization of police, fascism, international catastrophes, warmongering, etc. .

Although I am not politically inclined and am not aligned with any political party, I feel an obligation to help however possible to reverse these negative directions.
Good for you, Zzyzx!!

So many, many wonderful brave dedicated people have given us what we have today.

I can't fathom how or why we can risk losing it all via stupidity.

Our roots were the world's tired, poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free!

It seems that we would have better sense than for any of us to look down on another!!

=======================================================================

But I saw a "patch of blue" this past week in Houston!

Whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, ugly, beautiful, fat, skinny, religious, atheists, and everything in between saved the lives of each other. Then they hugged!

Hope it doesn't take a bigger tragedy to bring all of the nation back together.

KenRU
Guru

Post #3

Post by KenRU »

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." -Steven Weinberg

Kenisaw
Guru

Post #4

Post by Kenisaw »

[Replying to post 1 by Zzyzx]

Hopefully we are on the same page here. But if you are supporting AntiFa, or any of the freedom of speech haters on the college campuses, or the social justice warriors who engage in the oppression Olympics, then I'll be on the other side. Take care.

Friedrich
Student

Post #5

Post by Friedrich »

Kenisaw wrote: [Replying to post 1 by Zzyzx]

Hopefully we are on the same page here. But if you are supporting AntiFa, or any of the freedom of speech haters on the college campuses, or the social justice warriors who engage in the oppression Olympics, then I'll be on the other side. Take care.
Your post sounds provocative. We know that Z tends to be liberal and you are trying to bait him into supporting the extreme Left.

Suppose we write it with the opposite slant, would you agree that it is confrontational and intended to get an emotional reaction?
Hopefully we are on the same page here. But if you are supporting the NAZI party, or any of the alt-right hate speech makers on the college campuses, or the nationalists who engage in the suppression Olympics, then I'll be on the other side. Take care.
Even the ending "Take care" sounds very passive aggressive. Look up the third definition at urban dictionary. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ake%20care

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I was previously unaware of this request for leave, and reject it forthwith, hitherfore, nigh unto now, right here, and all manner of fancy words, and demand an immediate return to this site, just as soon as ya can.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin