Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

nolidad
Student

Brand new to the forum

Post #1

Post by nolidad »

Hi all,

Looking forward to participating on the forum. Let me tell you about me.

I have been walking with the Lord for 43 years now. I am a bible college graduate, administrator and teacher on my local churches bible institute,
have been on 4 mission trips and my passion is doctrine and apologetics, creation science and eschatology.

I use sarcasm as humor, but will endeavor to refrain so as not to give the appearance of attacking or demeaning someone.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

Welcome Nolidad! Great to come across a Christian here who has been one for longer than I was. I come across so few.

I hope you hang around.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

JJC_3

Post #3

Post by JJC_3 »

Hello everybody! My name is Josh
I have never been a part of any debate or any forum what so ever so this is a first for me.
I can be very straight toward at times voicing what I believe at times but usually I like to listen and take in multiple perspectives. I do not like pat answers that don't hold water and often find myself rubbing against the grain or playing devils advocate. I feel that peer presure shouldn't be a factor in a conversation about beliefs unless there is real weight to the facts presented by the "peer" that is pressuring. I also enjoy having a good sence of humor so don't be suppized if I josh someone from time to time.

Brief history of me ...
I am a Christian because I follow Christ, sometimes I don't know exactly what that means and I must be poor at it at times but I do try. I was born into a Christian family both biologicaly and socialy.
At my church I met my best friend and now wife before our feet would touch the floor as we sat down in the pew. I have whitnessed a force for good acting in my life and in the life of those I trust and now my mind is searching for the explanation for what I know I believe.
I'll thank everyone in advanced for their contribution to that search and I hope my ideas can make a few people stop and think too!
PS. I'm about to be a daddy!

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

Welcome Josh. Hope you will return and join in some of the debates!

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World