Is God punishing me? ^^

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Is God punishing me? ^^

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

So...it's been two days since this happened...I've been trapped in the house, no shops open, not able to get to work...I'm almost at the point of eating my shoes /sarcmarc

I've lived in these parts my whole life and it has NEVER been this bad before. We only get snow once every few years, and in the eleven years I've been working, I've never had to miss one day due to inclement weather. Now I'm on day three of missing work.

So theists...is this a punishment from God? :tongue: If it is, I should count myself lucky. He once sent a plague that killed thousands of Hebrews simply because King David conducted a census.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

It looks to me as if he's blessing you with much water.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

imhereforyou
Scholar

Re: Is God punishing me? ^^

Post #3

Post by imhereforyou »

[Replying to post 1 by rikuoamero]

Curious as to where you are that this is considered inclement weather... that requires missing work and things are closed.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #4

Post by benchwarmer »

imhereforyou wrote: [Replying to post 1 by rikuoamero]

Curious as to where you are that this is considered inclement weather... that requires missing work and things are closed.
I'm thinking the same thing :)

As a Canadian, that is a light dusting of snow and minor inconvenience at best. I take it there are no snow plows or salt trucks in the entire city? I guess if it doesn't normally ever snow, having equipment to deal with it is pointless.

We have snow days (school buses cancelled, etc), but it usually looks more like this:

https://globalnews.ca/news/3228892/chil ... ow-photos/

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by rikuoamero »

benchwarmer wrote:

As a Canadian, that is a light dusting of snow and minor inconvenience at best. I take it there are no snow plows or salt trucks in the entire city? I guess if it doesn't normally ever snow, having equipment to deal with it is pointless.

We have snow days (school buses cancelled, etc), but it usually looks more like this:

Ireland. Worst weather we've had in 70 years, according to some. We get snow every few years, but to the point where the entire country shut down for two days? Hasn't happened before in my life. I remember my mother telling me that it was the first time my youngest sister, who's turning eight, has played out in the snow or made a snowman.
As for snow plows or trucks...not in the entire country. We don't get snow often enough for it to be worth anyone's time or money to have them.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

imhereforyou
Scholar

Post #6

Post by imhereforyou »

rikuoamero wrote:
benchwarmer wrote:

Ireland. Worst weather we've had in 70 years, according to some. We get snow every few years, but to the point where the entire country shut down for two days? Hasn't happened before in my life. I remember my mother telling me that it was the first time my youngest sister, who's turning eight, has played out in the snow or made a snowman.
As for snow plows or trucks...not in the entire country. We don't get snow often enough for it to be worth anyone's time or money to have them.
Interesting
So why would God be punishing you?
And why snow? Why not herpies or burning down your house or drowning you (he seems to like drowning people)?

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #7

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 6 by imhereforyou]
So why would God be punishing you?
That's the joke. For those who don't get my sense of humour...with how often I am on here 'denying' God, the joke is that God got so p'd off that he pulled a David and is punishing the entire country.
And why snow? Why not herpies or burning down your house or drowning you (he seems to like drowning people)?
Hey, don't look at me :tongue: I don't claim to be the one who understands God. That's the Christians...well, depending on what day of the week it is, it seems. Some days, they understand him, on others he's this great big mystery who can only be barely comprehended by us mortals.

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by rikuoamero »

OnceConvinced wrote: It looks to me as if he's blessing you with much water.
Given that we're a relatively small island nation...

Tcg
Savant

Post #9

Post by Tcg »

rikuoamero wrote: ...is this a punishment from God?
Yes. You bought an umbrella to protect your table from the elements. God is showing you the foolishness of trying to thwart the plans of god with an invention made by mortal man. All the snow in Ireland is your fault!!!

Repent and burn that umbrella and Ireland will never suffer such hardship again!

Or perhaps it's just a random weather event.

In either case, hang in there!

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #10

Post by rikuoamero »

Tcg wrote:
rikuoamero wrote: ...is this a punishment from God?
Yes. You bought an umbrella to protect your table from the elements. God is showing you the foolishness of trying to thwart the plans of god with an invention made by mortal man. All the snow in Ireland is your fault!!!

Repent and burn that umbrella and Ireland will never suffer such hardship again!

Or perhaps it's just a random weather event.

In either case, hang in there!
Okay, will do! Now where did I put that lighter and matches?

Either way, the fun's over. Snow's melting, roads and footpaths are cleared and yours truly had to deal with what felt like the entire population of Ireland in his store.