Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

justme2
Apprentice

health insurance

Post #1

Post by justme2 »

Health Insurance, most have it & didn't know it

The Medicare Program is the second-largest social insurance program in the U.S., with 58.4 million beneficiaries and total expenditures of $710 billion in 2017. The Boards of Trustees for Medicare (also Boards) report annually to the Congress on the financial operations and actuarial status of the program. Beginning in 2002, there is one combined report discussing both the Hospital Insurance program (Medicare Part A) and the Supplementary Medical Insurance program (Medicare Part B and Prescription Drug Coverage). The Office of the Actuary in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) prepares the report under the direction of the Boards.
You usually don't pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) coverage if you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes for a certain amount of time while working. This is sometimes called "premium-free Part A."

justme2
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by justme2 »

The only problem with universal health insurance is that it would put current private health insurance provider out of business. We need to find a solution that combines the two. One idea is to pay these private insurers to manage the paperwork and one-on-one contacts to the public. This might keep the private insurers in business.
To do this I believe we need to combine Medicare, Medicaid and social security into one service provider.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by justme2 »

I cannot speak for anyone else but I am getting $2,067.00 a month from SS. This pays my mortgage and a few of my other monthly bills. If it wasn’t for SS I would have lost my home and no telling what would have come of me. Maybe I would be holding a sign at a street corner asking for help?

You are welcome to badmouth SS but when you turn 67 your tune will change.

A SUMMARY OF THE 2018 ANNUAL SOCIAL SECURITYAND MEDICARE TRUST FUND REPORTS. In 2017, Social Security's reserves increased by $44 billion to reach $2.9 trillion by the year's end. ... The projected depletion date for the combined OASDI funds 1 remains 2034, as reported last year.
O:)

justme2
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by justme2 »

I'm 67. To get my drivers licence renewed I had to get a doctor sign off on my health. My doctor refused to sign off until I had my heart examined. I went to the hospital and got my heart scanned. The medical process took 6 hours at the hospital.

Medicare paid 100% of the bill.
O:)