Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Goose
Guru

We the North

Post #1

Post by Goose »

Toronto Raptors NBA champs.

To my American friends. You take our Stanley Cup, we take your Larry O'Brien. Or is it O'Brian. Who cares. :P
Things atheists say:

"Is it the case [that torturing and killing babies for fun is immoral]? Prove it." - Bust Nak

"For the record...I think the Gospels are intentional fiction and Jesus wasn't a real guy." – Difflugia

"Julius Caesar and Jesus both didn't exist." - brunumb

"...most atheists have no arguments or evidence to disprove God." – unknown soldier (a.k.a. the banned member Jagella)

Overcomer
Guru

Post #2

Post by Overcomer »

As the Raptors remarked, they have an entire country behind them, not just a city or a region which is pretty cool.

Basketball has never been really big in Canada in spite of Steve Nash's success at the sport and in spite of the fact that it's a Canadian invention. It will be interesting to see if it spreads in my native land because of the Raptors' victory, but I have a feeling it will never replace hockey.

I, personally, am a baseball fan and follow the Toronto Blue Jays -- our only MLB team here in Canada. The team is in a re-building phase and a long way from winning the World Series however.

Heavilyass

Re: We the North

Post #3

Post by Heavilyass »

I believe in God, God watches over all of us and helps us by giving us signs.