Open Debate Challenge

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Open Debate Challenge

Post #1

Post by For_The_Kingdom »

Again, this is an open challenge to anyone who'd be interested in partaking in a moderated audio and/or video debate with me on any of the following subjects..

Kalam Cosmological Argument
Modal Ontological Argument
Resurrection of Jesus
Validity of the New Testament
Validity of Naturalism (natural evolution [macro])

This challenge has been open for at least 2 years, and no one has stepped up yet. We can post the segment on this great forum for all to see.

Don't you all speak at once. :D

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Re: Open Debate Challenge

Post #11

Divine Insight wrote:
For_The_Kingdom wrote:
Divine Insight wrote:
For_The_Kingdom wrote: Modal Ontological Argument
The Modal Ontological Argument is based on the fallacious premise that if we can imagine a thought in our minds that does not appear to us to be self-contradicting, then whatever we have imagined must exist.
:D
No, it is that whatever we can imagine is possibly true (in some possible world). See that, you've been owned on the subject already.

Just imagine what an audio/video discussion would do :D
Hardly.

This whole topic is based on Modal Logic and modal logic is an abstract formalism created by men using axioms that they made up.

There is no reason that reality needs to conform to a man-made axiomatic formalism.

So you have already failed to understand the crux of my argument.

Just because something is axiomatically true in Model Logic does not mean that reality must obey man's logical inventions.

So there's no way you could use a Modal Ontological Argument to prove the existence of a God in any actual reality.

It's dead in the water before it even gets started.
LOL bruh..either accept the debate and bring all of that smoke to the debate..or decline the challenge while at the same time sparing me of all the fiddle faddle.

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #12

Bust Nak wrote:
For_The_Kingdom wrote: This challenge has been open for at least 2 years, and no one has stepped up yet.
Pretty sure rikuoamero took you up on that challenged and you bailed on him. What assurances do we have that you would bail out this time round?
rikuoamero? Who is that? Ohh, I remember; isn't that the guy I used to intellectually own time and time again on this great forum? What ever happened to the fella?

Actually, the reason the debate didn't go down was because there was some "time zone" concerns along with some connectivity issues. He should be thanking his lucky stars for those very reasons.

And speaking of being "pretty sure", I am pretty sure I offer YOU a direct challenge to a debate, and you declined..and this was fairly recent.

So, who is running from the smoke here? Me or you?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #13

Post by Divine Insight »

For_The_Kingdom wrote: LOL bruh..either accept the debate and bring all of that smoke to the debate..or decline the challenge while at the same time sparing me of all the fiddle faddle.
You appear to have missed the point entirely.

There's nothing to debate with the Modal Ontological Argument.

Let's assume that the argument is rock-solid based on all of the axioms and rules of Modal logic.

So what? :-k

There is no reason that reality needs to conform to the rules of Modal Logic. So you haven't gotten anywhere. You've lost that debate long before it ever began.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #14

Post by Divine Insight »

For_The_Kingdom wrote: rikuoamero? Who is that? Ohh, I remember; isn't that the guy I used to intellectually own time and time again on this great forum? What ever happened to the fella?
I remember that being exactly the other way around.

A moment ago you claimed to "own" me, but you were gravely mistaken. So I imagine this is probably something you tend do to other people as well.

Apparently you are anxious to try to win an argument or at least claim that you have. That most likely wouldn't be the case if you were in the habit of winning them on a regular basis.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #15

Divine Insight wrote:
For_The_Kingdom wrote: LOL bruh..either accept the debate and bring all of that smoke to the debate..or decline the challenge while at the same time sparing me of all the fiddle faddle.
You appear to have missed the point entirely.

There's nothing to debate with the Modal Ontological Argument.

Let's assume that the argument is rock-solid based on all of the axioms and rules of Modal logic.

So what? :-k

There is no reason that reality needs to conform to the rules of Modal Logic. So you haven't gotten anywhere. You've lost that debate long before it ever began.
Ok. So since there is nothing to debate with the MOA, therefore, you won't debate the subject with me. Gotcha.

Anyone else? No?

Yet, if I decide to make a thread on the topic, then suddenly everyone will have something to say on the matter.

SMH.

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #16

Divine Insight wrote:
I remember that being exactly the other way around.

A moment ago you claimed to "own" me, but you were gravely mistaken.
We can agree/disagree on that. All I know is, the challenge is still open.
Divine Insight wrote:
So I imagine this is probably something you tend do to other people as well.
Correct. I proclaim victory as needed.
Divine Insight wrote: Apparently you are anxious to try to win an argument or at least claim that you have.
Not necessarily. I have other ambitions.
Divine Insight wrote:
That most likely wouldn't be the case if you were in the habit of winning them on a regular basis.
Oooo.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #17

Post by Bust Nak »

For_The_Kingdom wrote: rikuoamero? Who is that? Ohh, I remember; isn't that the guy I used to intellectually own time and time again on this great forum?
Nah, you remembered that incorrectly.
What ever happened to the fella?
Well rikuoamero still post from time to time.
Actually, the reason the debate didn't go down was because there was some "time zone" concerns along with some connectivity issues. He should be thanking his lucky stars for those very reasons.
What ever your reasoning for missing the debate is, he was there and you weren't.
And speaking of being "pretty sure", I am pretty sure I offer YOU a direct challenge to a debate, and you declined..and this was fairly recent.
Yep, you remembered correctly.
So, who is running from the smoke here? Me or you?
You tell me, someone who agreed to a debate then failed to show up; or someone is still here, debating you day in day out.

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #18

Post by benchwarmer »

For_The_Kingdom wrote: .

Again, this is an open challenge to anyone who'd be interested in partaking in a moderated audio and/or video debate with me on any of the following subjects..

Resurrection of Jesus

This challenge has been open for at least 2 years, and no one has stepped up yet. We can post the segment on this great forum for all to see.

Honestly, what's the point? In my opinion, all arguments you have presented so far have been shown to be lacking in one way or another. Do you really think debating on camera is going to change anything?

I personally have no desire to see you LOL, Shake Your Head, and claim personal victories live while trotting out the same tired arguments. If you have something novel to share on these topics, just post them. Otherwise this seems like a total waste of time.

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #19

Bust Nak wrote: Nah, you remembered that incorrectly.
We can agree/disagree about that; open challenge nevertheless.

Well rikuoamero still post from time to time.
He is on my ignore list..which is good for him. He is now free to post freely without me owning him. But hey, rikuo stepped up to the challenge..can't say the same for certain others on here though.

What ever your reasoning for missing the debate is, he was there and you weren't.
1. You weren't able to debate rikuomero
2. Therefore, you wasn't there to debate rikuomero

Non sequitur.
Yep, you remembered correctly.
Well, you get owned enough by me on the forums so it all evens out.
You tell me, someone who agreed to a debate then failed to show up; or someone is still here, debating you day in day out.
The challenge remains.

For_The_Kingdom
Guru

Post #20

benchwarmer wrote:
For_The_Kingdom wrote: .

Resurrection of Jesus

Honestly, what's the point? In my opinion, all arguments you have presented so far have been shown to be lacking in one way or another. Do you really think debating on camera is going to change anything?

I personally have no desire to see you LOL, Shake Your Head, and claim personal victories live while trotting out the same tired arguments. If you have something novel to share on these topics, just post them. Otherwise this seems like a total waste of time.
So, no acceptance. Gotcha.