Is This True?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Is This True?

Post #1

Post by William »

I just got this of my FB feed. It made me wonder if it were true or not.

What do you think about it?

William
Savant

Re: Re:

Post #31

Post by William »

SeekerofTruth wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:58 am
[Replying to William in post #30]
The two options are either you believe the Bible or you don’t.

Yet that is not true. There is a third option which is to suspend belief and disbelief in either of those two options you present as the "only" options.
Changing what it says to match your personal doctrine is clearly unbelief.
It is not 'my personal doctrine'. I post memes in this thread because I am asking the thread heading question about them.

I think that the meme in question is true in that, what else can truth do but expose the lies.

And there are lies which are told to us as being truth...and lies do [of course], contribute to illusions.

In a similar way, part truth and purposeful unrevealed/hidden truth also contribute to illusion.

Depending on what illusion you subscribe to and how firmly you believe will determine the amount of shattered pieces created by the strike of Truth. Knowing of God and knowing God is the difference of destruction and salvation. When we are grafted into the Vine we become part of Christ. Because Christ lives, we live. The Church is a living organism with Lord Yeshua as the Head. The Spirit breathes life into the Body like an ethereal circulatory system. The life is in the blood. Does this truth shatter illusion?
It is belief, rather than truth. Even that one may believe it to be the truth, it is not proven as truth. One does not know that it is truth, but one does know that it is belief.

Until such a time as it is shown to be truth, it might actually be an elaborate illusion, as certainly we know how elaborate beliefs can get.

William
Savant

Re: Is This True?

Post #32

Post by William »

SeekerofTruth
Student

Post #33

Post by SeekerofTruth »

[Replying to William in post #32]

Fair enough. I guess that’s why we are dependent on faith until all bets are settled. Which horse are you backing?

William
Savant

Post #34

Post by William »

SeekerofTruth wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:44 pm [Replying to William in post #32]

Fair enough. I guess that’s why we are dependent on faith until all bets are settled. Which horse are you backing?
I am not a gambler.

SeekerofTruth
Student

Post #35

Post by SeekerofTruth »

[Replying to William in post #35]

We are all gambling with our very souls. That’s exactly what faith is. If it makes you feel more sensible, which post carnality do you suggest has the greatest plausibility?

William
Savant

Post #36

Post by William »

SeekerofTruth wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:10 am
[Replying to William in post #35]
We are all gambling with our very souls.

Perhaps you are - I don't know. But I am not.
That’s exactly what faith is. If it makes you feel more sensible, which post carnality do you suggest has the greatest plausibility?
I assume you mean the choice between heaven and hell? That is not up for discussion in this particular thread. You will find something of my views on that subject, in the thread "What is the Biblical view of hell?"

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #37

Post by nobspeople »

William wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:34 pm Image

I just got this of my FB feed. It made me wonder if it were true or not.

What do you think about it?
I think what we're each capable of doing is far more powerful than waiting on another to do. Simply put: could be true.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

SeekerofTruth
Student

Post #38

Post by SeekerofTruth »

[Replying to William in post #37]

No I didn’t mean heaven or hell. Those aren’t even biblical exactly. I assume you have an opinion of what happens to our non-physical self. If the physical return of the Christ is in question wouldn’t this extend to what happens to those who follow and those who oppose? If I felt like taking the day researching archives to formulate your perspective, I wouldn’t just simply ask. Regardless, unless you conquered the grave and seen what is on the other side, you too are placing hope in your conclusions. Hope, faith whatever you want to call it, it just means the outcome isn’t known. I’m pretty sure I have had conversations with the Almighty Father. He explained much to me. I also understand people can make themselves believe this happens. I’m left with the conclusion that either what was given to me in meditative prayer was from on high or I’m way wiser than I give myself credit for if I imagined it. I choose the former. He says, physical return, more like Star Wars and less like Michelangelo.

William
Savant

Post #39

Post by William »

SeekerofTruth wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:43 pm [Replying to William in post #37]

No I didn’t mean heaven or hell. Those aren’t even biblical exactly. I assume you have an opinion of what happens to our non-physical self. If the physical return of the Christ is in question wouldn’t this extend to what happens to those who follow and those who oppose? If I felt like taking the day researching archives to formulate your perspective, I wouldn’t just simply ask. Regardless, unless you conquered the grave and seen what is on the other side, you too are placing hope in your conclusions. Hope, faith whatever you want to call it, it just means the outcome isn’t known. I’m pretty sure I have had conversations with the Almighty Father. He explained much to me. I also understand people can make themselves believe this happens. I’m left with the conclusion that either what was given to me in meditative prayer was from on high or I’m way wiser than I give myself credit for if I imagined it. I choose the former. He says, physical return, more like Star Wars and less like Michelangelo.
I have set up a thread where we can go and discuss our understandings of "Where Do We Go To When We Die." [LINK TO THREAD]

William
Savant

Post #40

Post by William »