Is This True?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Is This True?

Post #1

Post by William »

I just got this of my FB feed. It made me wonder if it were true or not.

What do you think about it?

tam
Savant

Post #2

Post by tam »

Peace to you William,

A - Jaheshua is the Christ.

B - He did say that He was coming back:

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

You heard Me say, 'I am going away, and I am coming back to you.'

Peace again to you!

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

tam: Peace to you William,

William: Thanks Tam. Backatcha! :)

tam: A - Jaheshua is the Christ.

The Script: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

William: Would you say then, that the Script does not support the meme, and in relation to the OPQ, by that, the meme is false?

tam
Savant

Post #4

Post by tam »

William wrote: tam: Peace to you William,

William: Thanks Tam. Backatcha! :)

tam: A - Jaheshua is the Christ.

The Script: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

William: Would you say then, that the Script does not support the meme, and in relation to the OPQ, by that, the meme is false?

Thanks for your wish of peace William, and again peace to you!

The 'script' does not support the meme, the words of Christ do not support the meme... and the meme is itself contradictory. Because Jaheshua IS the Christ - if He comes back, the Christ necessarily comes back as well. The meme itself must be false because it contains at least one false statement: "I didn't say I was coming back..."

I am not sure what the makers of the meme are trying to say with the bottom part of that meme; their language is unclear; so it is hard to comment.

Peace again to you!

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

tam: Thanks for your wish of peace William, and again peace to you!

William: Te Rangimarie

tam: The 'script' does not support the meme, the words of Christ do not support the meme... and the meme is itself contradictory.

William: I haven't reached any verdict, if indeed I am even trying to do so.
I ask because it interests me in the scheme of things to do with our shared incarceration. I wonder if it is essential to the Map re The Path of Truth...

tam: Because Jaheshua IS the Christ - if He comes back, the Christ necessarily comes back as well.

William: I have read What Was Written. Some argue that "The Christ" represents an attitude which is required to be adopted by all incarcerated.

tam: The meme itself must be false because it contains at least one false statement: "I didn't say I was coming back..."

William: I haven't reached the verdict you are speaking to Tam.
The statement might not be false...indeed - both could be true as they are aligned with each other.

tam: I am not sure what the makers of the meme are trying to say with the bottom part of that meme; their language is unclear; so it is hard to comment.

William: Okay - well then the Jury remains out on that, and one then has to question the validity of the statement.

The Statement: "The meme itself must be false because it contains at least one false statement"

tam: Peace again to you!

William: No doubt I will find some peace with you eventually...for now I am perplexed by your answers to date.

The bottom part of the meme is identifying "The Christ" with "The Energy of The Soul fully connected to The Divine through the Human Heart."
The meme further suggests that the Goal is for the Individual to "Bring Christ Back" through their own life.
I am hopeful that you will agree with me that this was the message of The Fathers Son to each of us.

Which gets back to your comment in the other thread...

• tam: Every eye will see Him when He returns.

In the meantime, He is calling and training His people (teaching them peace, and love). His people are to reign with Him in His Kingdom as kings and priests for a thousand years; how could this not require training? @
William: Is 'the training' not implied in the meme?

tam
Savant

Post #6

Post by tam »

Peace to you William,

tam: Because Jaheshua IS the Christ - if He comes back, the Christ necessarily comes back as well.

William: I have read What Was Written. Some argue that "The Christ" represents an attitude which is required to be adopted by all incarcerated.
"Some" argue all sorts of things.

The Christ has an actual meaning though: the Christ = the Anointed One. The Christ is not referring to an attitude, but to the person who is the Anointed One.

tam: Peace again to you!

William: No doubt I will find some peace with you eventually...for now I am perplexed by your answers to date.

First, you know you can disagree with someone and still have peace with them, right?

Second, why does this have to be so difficult, William?

The meme is false because it makes a false statement. Simple.

Christ did indeed state that He is coming back. Until He returns (and also after He returns), we are to let our light shine (the light that He has given us); obeying His commands; listening to and following Him... but He did indeed state that He is Himself returning.

The meme is false to state otherwise.

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

William
Savant

Post #7

Post by William »

tam: The Christ has an actual meaning though: the Christ = the Anointed One. The Christ is not referring to an attitude, but to the person who is the Anointed One.

William: Is Jesus the only one who was 'anointed'? Was his attitude not an aspect of an overall reason he was anointed?

tam: Christ did indeed state that He is coming back. Until He returns (and also after He returns), we are to let our light shine (the light that He has given us); obeying His commands; listening to and following Him... but He did indeed state that He is Himself returning.

William: The meme appears to be stating that there are other ways to interpret how The Christ returns. It is employing the idea that as individuals change their attitudes to be more Christlike, then "The Christ is Within Them" and if a large part of humanity did this, then effectively The Christ has returned.
Jesus appears to have taught a similar message when he encouraged people to be like him.

tam
Savant

Post #8

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: tam: The Christ has an actual meaning though: the Christ = the Anointed One. The Christ is not referring to an attitude, but to the person who is the Anointed One.

William: Is Jesus the only one who was 'anointed'?

No, but that is why I did not say A Christ. But rather THE Christ. Just as you did.

Christians are also anointed ones (having been anointed with holy spirit), but THE Christ (Jaheshua) is THE Anointed One.

Was his attitude not an aspect of an overall reason he was anointed?

That and He is the literal Son of God.

What does that have to do with the fact that the Christ is referring to the person of Christ Jaheshua?

tam: Christ did indeed state that He is coming back. Until He returns (and also after He returns), we are to let our light shine (the light that He has given us); obeying His commands; listening to and following Him... but He did indeed state that He is Himself returning.

William: The meme appears to be stating that there are other ways to interpret how The Christ returns.

William, the meme is false. The meme falsely states that Christ never said He was coming back. I quoted His words in my first post on this thread, where He said that He IS coming back.

He, Himself. The person.

It is employing the idea that as individuals change their attitudes to be more Christlike, then "The Christ is Within Them" and if a large part of humanity did this, then effectively The Christ has returned.

I get a sense of what the meme is stating, William (or at least what you are interpreting the meme as stating)... but the fact remains that the meme ALSO states that Christ - the person - did not say that He is going to return, Himself. That is what makes the meme false.

There is no falsehood in the truth.

Peace again to you!

William
Savant

Post #9

Post by William »

tam: I get a sense of what the meme is stating, William (or at least what you are interpreting the meme as stating)... but the fact remains that the meme ALSO states that Christ - the person - did not say that He is going to return, Himself. That is what makes the meme false.

William: You believe that the whole meme is false, because part of the message, is not true?

But Messiah means Anointed or Chosen and thus could be applied to many, which is what the meme is speaking to, if indeed you see that.

The meme also points to the theory that if everyone worked together emulating the things it is written that Jesus taught, there would be no need for The Person Jesus to return, and fix the worlds problems as Christendom teaches. So the meme is pointing to a truth in the way it uses the words, but goes against the truth according to the teaching of Christendom.

William
Savant

Post #10

Post by William »

William: And to add to that, the whole of your argument rests upon belief in a future event which - IF it happens, only THEN will your belief be able to be verified as 'The Truth' - until then, claiming it is The Truth, is untrue. Truth has to be verified before it can be called The Truth.

With that in mind, the OPQ "Is this Truth" can only honestly be answered "Perhaps."
Not 'yes it is or no it isn't'.

Your argument rests upon the Bible says that 'Jesus said' but the Bible also say's that Jesus said far more than the few things attributed to him in the Bible and there is no way to tell whether Jesus said he was going to return or not, except that it is contained in the Bible.

Effectively this means that you believe what the Bible say's, not what Jesus say's. Unless Jesus came to you personally and told you to your face that he was going to return one day, your argument that Jesus said that he would return, has its foundations in a book - so it is the book that tells you so, not as you claim, the person of Jesus.

Which means that the meme is just as likely true as your belief that it isn't.