How is the coronavirus (covid-19) impacting you?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

How is the coronavirus (covid-19) impacting you?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

How is the coronavirus (covid-19) impacting your family, work, neighborhood, church, city, life?

William
Savant

Post #11

Post by William »

William: I think that the virus is such that it allows for The Earth Entity to recuperate Her system, which Humans have been overloading and misappropriating.

It also allows for Human Beings to look at workable alternatives, as the isolation rules come into force.

We will have to learn to actually work together and to change the way we have been doing things.

All in all, some very positive potential outcomes. :)

William
Savant

Knock Knock...

Post #12

Post by William »

William: This is what I think about the impact of coronavirus (covid-19) -

[yt]NisoTAfI930[/yt]

William
Savant

Post #13

Post by William »

William: Something I put together in relation to understanding current times....

[yt]K54q4OcQszY[/yt]

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by Zzyzx »

Just noticed this thread:

My situation almost parallels Divine Insight's – live alone in the country (western Pennsylvania in his case, west central Arkansas in mine), a bit of a hermit, months worth of food on hand (didn't have to buy anything). He's ten years younger at 70. We are both job-free.

There is only one confirmed case in this county so far (April 16). The state is not on lock-down or stay-at-home order (foolishly it seems) but most non-essential businesses are closed.

My life is little affected. There is plenty to keep me occupied around the 'ranch' (a few acres) – like rebuilding the tractor's carburetor, keeping the weeds beat down (need the tractor to bush hog front couple acres), working in wood shop, and trying to find stuff (“Know I have one – whatever it is – but just don't know where�). I do NOT welcome uninvited visitors -- and I VERY seldom invite anyone.

Two things that are affected: the fitness center where I typically spend a couple hours four or five times a week is closed; and the food distribution for those in need where I help out as needed in acquisitions is disrupted (donor organizations are in a state of flux).

I do not envy those living in cities, particularly if isolating in an apartment – and those accustomed to a lot of social interaction.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

otseng
Savant

Post #15

Post by otseng »

As many might know, Georgia has been slowly been reopening. I'm not really seeing a whole lot of difference now than before the reopening. There's a little more traffic on the roads and a little more people at the stores, but it seems like many are still holing up in their homes. Some restaurants are open for dine-in, but I haven't been to any of those, but their parking lots are surprisingly full. But most restaurants are still carry-out/delivery. Schools will be ending soon and all summer activities have been canceled. When going out, I'd say about half of the people are wearing masks. Some places require all customers to wear masks. I'm still working from home and management has not decided anything about going back to the office.

William
Savant

Post #16

Post by William »

Our country is just coming out of the formal lockdown and relaxing it's conditions.

This appears to be largely done 'for the sake of the economy' as spending too long in lockdown has had its damaging effect on that.

If CVD19 is as reported, then I would have to assume there are going to be more cases because of the relaxing and the pressure to serve the economy will prove itself symptomatic of Sunk Cost Fallacy Syndrome.

As humans have settled to serve an economy instead of having designed an economy which serves them, sacrifice is generally the only last-resort option available to save the economy being served.

Thomas123
Sage

Post #17

Post by Thomas123 »

It has barely rained here since Lockdown, none forecasted either, very ,very, unusual in April, May, in Western Europe....raining in the Iberian Peninsula. Maybe coincidental but not usual for me in my living memory. People talking about hose pipe bans and how much water it takes to wash your hands repeatedly. We are worse than Pontious Pilate at a crucifixion. Business as usual, otherwise!

Clownboat
Savant

Post #18

Post by Clownboat »

Divine Insight wrote:Based on everything I've seen on the news thinking that it won't eventually come to my area is simply unrealistic.

Just curious, did it make it to your area yet and if so, how bad?
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

William
Savant

Re: How is the coronavirus (covid-19) impacting you?

Post #19

Post by William »

UPDATE 07062020

Our Islands have had no new cases for 16 days and we are about to go to Level 1 [proceed as normal] apart from boarder restrictions due to the way various other countries dealt with the threat.

This is not to say there still won't be an internal flare-up as we have had many instances of rule-breaking - the greatest being the marches in support of BLM where protesters did not observe social distancing - so new clusters may form from such events.

There is not much more that can be done but get about business as best as one can and continue supporting an economy which unfortunately doesn't guarantee things will go to plan and there will be no harm done to human beings.

What I do appreciate though, is that $ of taxpayer funds were redirected back into the Taxed-People so in that, it did act for a rainy day and has helped lesson/lessen the pain.

(However, in stating that, I do understand that I may have it wrong and our country borrowed the money from some rich kid offshore - and now we are indebted...perhaps even to that rich kids whims should he/she require our support...I digress slightly...)

I think the focus may become more and more "Charity Begins At Home" orientated as the rest of the world is too, forced to turn inwardly and deal with their own particular messes/issues/karma...etc...call it what you will, just deal with it...
In that, I am confident that new ideas can form - from the ashes of the bad ideas we have been going along with as a World...perhaps for longer than we really needed to...

On the individual stage, I have my down days but have enough to keep me from staring too deeply into that well. I despair a teeny bit now and again - not at the clownishness of Humanity (that in itself is funny as) :joker: :joker: :king: =D> \:D/ :thumb: - but rather - at the despairing aspect of Humanity. It sometimes appears to think so little of itself while pretending to be the greatest thing since sliced bread (which humanity also - invented. I call "coincidence".)

Not to stray too far from the Pack, I do not let despair take precedence over my belief in Humanity...we just need to deal with our poos-hit (if you know what I mean). ;) I deal with mine and you deal with yours and try to keep your poos-hit to yourself...I will do try to try do the same. We don't need to be flinging it all around the place...we must respond to danger (real and imagined) without resorting to the old way..you know - "when your cornered by the wild beast and have no other way of escape, fling pooh at it." Last Resort kinda stuff...it might or might not do the trick...

We can be grown up about this, can we not? Can we not be grown up about this? We can!

:-k

Did I digress? 8-)

koko

Re: How is the coronavirus (covid-19) impacting you?

Post #20

Post by koko »

The plague has been driving me stir crazy. As a retired athlete and coach, I usually at am a ballpark at least 5 times a week. Because every sporting event has been shut down I have had to stay home and watch movies. Ugh! How I wish I could be outdoors watching sports!!!