Anthony Fauci is not great

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher
Scholar

Anthony Fauci is not great

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

This is a very demented man who is peddling fears about a virus that has a 95% recovery rate because he enjoys the fame he is getting from the media.

By being a fear mongerer, Fauci is actively destroying the livelihoods of millions of Americans. We will be able to credit this economic depression, along with the high crime and suicides, solely to Anthony Fauci. The man who actively kept the economy shut down because of his obsession with a little virus.

We will easily recover from the virus, we will most likely NEVER recover from the long lasting economic damage to every single sector of the economy.

Question:

What is your opinion of Dr. Fauci?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Re: Anthony Fauci is not great

Post #2

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to post 1 by WinePusher]

My opinion on Dr. Fauci is that he is an excellent scientist. He has not fallen into the politics. However, Dr. Fauci is not an economist and I believe his thinking and decisions do not factor in the economy and there lies the problem. It is the president that should be factoring in everything, the economy, the virus, and then make a decision based on that. Instead, I find the president giving in to Dr. Fauci on the economy. That should not happen.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #3

Post by AgnosticBoy »

WinePusher wrote: By being a fear mongerer, Fauci is actively destroying the livelihoods of millions of Americans
The problem is not just Dr. Fauci but it's also politics. Once again the response is starting become partisan. I'm noticing Democrat governors being more willing to shut down the economy for an indefinite amount of time, while Republican governors are not so willing to shut down the economy. There are some exceptions. This type of polarized thinking is once again leading to black-and-white thinking where the middle ground or alternatives aren't considered.

What we all can agree on:
- We need the economy open as soon as possible to limit any financial damages
- We need to stop the spread and deaths of covid-19.

In light of my point about polarized thinking between the two sides, you would think that these two goals are irreconcilable. But they are reconcilable. Take Germany's plan. Germany is looking into offering "immunity certificates" to those who are immune to the coronavirus. Those that are immune can get back work.

If you are immune, then that means you can't spread the virus since you no longer have it. It also means that you are unlikely to catch it again from someone else. So we should really ask ourselves, why restrict this group of people from working and going out in public? I wish many American governors would display such thought rather than doing this knee jerk blanket reaction (panic thinking) to just keep everyone behind closed doors.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #4

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 3 by AgnosticBoy]

You spoke of reconcilable goals in Germany's plan, which sounded to me like you were suggesting Germany's way of doing things is the middle ground between the partisan responses from Democrat and Republican.

Germany has closed all bars and clubs, theaters and museums, gyms and playground, has banned religious congregations, restaurants can only offer take away, schools are shut down, public gatherings of more than two people is also banned.

Germany is more willing to shut down the economy than the Democrats. In calling for American governors to act more like Germany, you are asking them to be even more knee jerky (panicky) to keep everyone behind closed doors.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #5

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to post 4 by Bust Nak]

I was only referring to Germany's plan for immunity certificates. This reconciles the two facts I brought up earlier. Germany is still in the preparation phase of that plan

I've also offered my plan elsewhere which involves letting those who are low risk for severe covid19 symptoms to continue working and they'll eventually build immunity. The only population that should be made to stay at home are the high risk population

help3434
Guru

Post #6

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 1 by WinePusher]

A recovery rate of 5% means mean 10s of millions get it, millions will die. You don't think that will have a long term effect?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #7

Post by AgnosticBoy »

help3434 wrote: [Replying to post 1 by WinePusher]

A recovery rate of 5% means mean 10s of millions get it, millions will die. You don't think that will have a long term effect?
Your stats are incorrect. If your stats were correct then it would mean that the death rate is 95%. Again, clearly false since about 162,000 out of 2,345,000 people have died. 7% of the coronavirus cases lead to death.

I'd suggest that 5% you're referring to represents confirmed or reported recoveries. It seems that we don't yet know the outcomes (death or recovery) for the vast majority of the cases.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

Anthony Fauci is irrelevant. Anthony Fauci is not in a position to make any decisions for the United States.

Donald Trump is the current leader of the United States. And although he refuses to accept responsibility for that job, it is his job none the less.

If there is any failure in the health system or the economy of the United States of America, the blame sits squarely on Donald Trump's shoulders. No one else can be blamed.

In fact, wasn't Donald Trump bragging just the other day that his authority is TOTAL?

Well, if he wants to claim total authority then he has no choice but to accept total responsibility too.

Donald Trump is our idiot. Don't try to push that off onto Anthony Fauci.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

WinePusher
Scholar

Post #9

Post by WinePusher »

[Replying to help3434]

The people who are most likely to die from this virus are older people who are already out of the workforce. These old people can stay home and quarantine, as well any other highly vulnerable demographic, while people who are reasonably healthy and have a high chance of surviving the virus can take calculated risks for themselves.

Shutting down EVERYTHING and making EVERYONE stay home is absurd and frankly disgusting and morally sickening. If YOU fall into the 'at risk' category then YOU can self isolate. Making everyone else give up their lives to protect your mortality is incredibly selfish dontchathink?

Have you considered the deaths that will come about from the economic depression? The longer the economy is shut down the longer the misery will be. The original goal of the shutdown was to save the hospitals from drowning. Ok, the hospitals are safe now. We have medical resources sufficiently deployed across hot spots like New York. Mission accomplished, time to reopen.

But seriously though, since you care so much the death rate, have you looked at all at deaths attributable to the stay at home order? I'm not just talking about the economy at this point, I'm talking about the fact that some Governors won't let people go for walks. Do you have any idea what this does to an individuals mental and physical state? Laying around wasting away on your couch all day?

We were told that the economy would open at the end of April, and if you think it should extend longer you have no tenable argument to support your case. What are the possible reasons why some people want the lockdown to continue?

1. It's destroying the economy and they want Trump to fail and lose

2. An economic shutdown is the left's wet dream. No cars, no plans, no factories? No pollution?!?!!!?111!

3. The democrats deep down at tyrannical liberty hating authoritarians. Why is it that only the democrats are imposing draconian stay at home orders while freedom loving republicans are trying to implement measured, tempered and reasonable social distancing policies? The democratic party is over, Joe Biden will be their final nail in the coffin.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #10

Post by Bust Nak »

WinePusher wrote:I'm talking about the fact that some Governors won't let people go for walks.
Wait, who is banning walks?