Was George Washington the first president of the United States of America?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Apologist says there were at least a dozen before him.
DavidLeon wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:01 pm I demonstrated that you can't provide verifiable evidence that George Washington was the first "president" of the United States of America. He wasn't by the way.

There were at least a dozen before him. I've made that claim and now how can I verify it?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Re: Was George Washington the first president of the United States of America?

Post #2

Post by DavidLeon »

Zzyzx wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:10 pm .

DavidLeon wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:01 pm I demonstrated that you can't provide verifiable evidence that George Washington was the first "president" of the United States of America. He wasn't by the way.

There were at least a dozen before him. I've made that claim and now how can I verify it?
Hmmm. I must say I am surprised, Mr. Z. This does seem off topic.

Since you haven't taken a position can you provide verifiable evidence of either position? Would it be correct for me to assume that verifiable evidence depends upon who's verifying it and whether or not it is acceptable? In other words neither position is based upon verifiable evidence.

I no longer post here

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Zzyzx »

DavidLeon wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:16 pm
Zzyzx wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:10 pm Was George Washington the first president of the United States of America?

Hmmm. I must say I am surprised, Mr. Z. This does seem off topic.
You didn't seem to feel as though it was off topic when you posted it in a thread entitled “The Impact Of God's Objective Morality”

Why reverse course? Hypocrisy?
Since you haven't taken a position can you provide verifiable evidence of either position?
Those new to debate may not understand that a question for debate is often (or typically) posted without taking a position.
Would it be correct for me to assume that verifiable evidence depends upon who's verifying it and whether or not it is acceptable? In other words neither position is based upon verifiable evidence.
I have no comment about your assumptions.

You claimed that George Washington was not the first president of the US. Kindly present verifiable evidence to support your claim (or face-plant).

Those familiar with debate are aware that posting a YouTube link does NOT substitute for debate -- but does demonstrate a lack of understanding of what constitutes debate. Tutorials are available in the General Chat sub-forum to facilitate learning to debate.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #4

Post by TRANSPONDER »

That's fascinating - 8 presidents before Washington and even a few before the first president of the 'Confederation of states' (John Hanson). Washington being the first president under the Constitution. There's a Fact to stop the conversation at parties!