Moderator: Moderators

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

For the Kingdom is back

Post #1

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Although, most of you may not care lol.

I took a hiatus because I felt that after hundreds of posts and dishing out intellectual "spankings" throughout this great and well-run forum, I decided to "take my talents to other forums" *Lebron James voice, kudos if you know the reference* :)

Those other forums can't hold a candle to this one, though.

Its nice to see some familiar names still doing their thing, along with some newer ones.

For those of you who know me, get ready.

For those of you who don't know me; I am a Christian Apologist, here to do the Lord's work..which is to defend Christian theism against skeptics, critics, Bible attackers, atheists, agnostics, naturalists, scientists.

I also keep extra clips for false religious teachings, such as those of Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Black Hebrew Israelites (to name a few).

The plan is to strive to reveal the truth of/about God and his word...doing so in my own special way.

My intellectual hit list (yes, I am calling out names): BustNak, DivineInSight, Zzzz, benchwarmer, Jagella <---not limited to

My allies: ttruscott, otseng, tam

See you guys in traffic.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Diagoras
Guru

Re: For the Kingdom is back

Post #2

Post by Diagoras »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:58 pmThe plan is to strive to reveal the truth of/about God and his word...doing so in my own special way.
Do you mean preaching?

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

Diagoras wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:24 am
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:58 pmThe plan is to strive to reveal the truth of/about God and his word...doing so in my own special way.
Do you mean preaching?
Nope. Teaching.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

Diagoras
Guru

Post #4

Post by Diagoras »

It's just that some of the language used in your initial post ('extra clips', 'hit list', 'allies') sounds rather... confrontational. I'm not sure that viewing any prospective student/teacher relationship through such an oppositional lens will work so well.

DavidLeon
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by DavidLeon »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:58 pm Although, most of you may not care lol.

I took a hiatus because I felt that after hundreds of posts and dishing out intellectual "spankings" throughout this great and well-run forum, I decided to "take my talents to other forums" *Lebron James voice, kudos if you know the reference* :)

Its nice to see some familiar names still doing their thing, along with some newer ones.

For those of you who don't know me; I am a Christian Apologist, here to do the Lord's work..which is to defend Christian theism against skeptics, critics, Bible attackers, atheists, agnostics, naturalists, scientists.

I also keep extra clips for false religious teachings, such as those of Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Black Hebrew Israelites (to name a few).

The plan is to strive to reveal the truth of/about God and his word...doing so in my own special way.

My intellectual hit list (yes, I am calling out names): BustNak, DivineInSight, Zzzz, benchwarmer, Jagella <---not limited to

See you guys in traffic.
Christianity has been apostate since 325 CE with the politically motivated influence of the pontifex maximus Constantine the Great. The phallic symbol the cross from Constantine, the immortal soul from Socrates, the trinity from Plato, hell from Dante and Milton, Christmas from Dickens and Easter from the pagan goddess of fertility Astarte. All older pagan teachings adopted by the church and even before that with a similar influence of Alexander the Great in 332 BCE on Jewish beliefs.
I no longer post here

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

DavidLeon wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:41 pm Christianity has been apostate since 325 CE with the politically motivated influence of the pontifex maximus Constantine the Great.
I have to disagree with you there, homie, about the snowball effects of the Council of Nicea.

But that aside; my Christian beliefs are based upon my own independent understandings of the Scriptures, along with what the early Church Fathers thought (to a certain degree).

Which, makes anything that happened or was believed after 325 CE irrelevant, my friend.
The phallic symbol the cross from Constantine, the immortal soul from Socrates, the trinity from Plato, hell from Dante and Milton, Christmas from Dickens and Easter from the pagan goddess of fertility Astarte. All older pagan teachings adopted by the church and even before that with a similar influence of Alexander the Great in 332 BCE on Jewish beliefs.
Or, we can not concern ourselves with what happened 3 centuries after the death of Jesus...and simply just follow the teachings of Jesus and Paul, which will bring you to right around 33-67 CE.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

William
Savant

Post #7

Post by William »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:58 pm Although, most of you may not care lol.

See you guys in traffic.
Welcome back We_Are_VENOM

A friendly word of advice. Follow the forum rules and respect everyone.

If you find that your beliefs re "Serving The Lord" conflict with those rules, don't question the rules or attempt in any way to usurp the rules or you will risk being suspended, which will only act against your ability to "Serve The Lord" in this setting.

Or, failing that - perhaps see such a fate as The Lord telling you that you are not in the right place whereby The Lord can be Served in the manner you are trying to Serve The Lord.

Whatever your decisions, may you find The Way eventually.

The Evidence