Supporting evil Catholic Church

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

ID1993

Supporting evil Catholic Church

Post #1

Post by ID1993 »

As a Catholic and someone who is passionate about history, I simply can't support the church we have. So much evil that they have commited and wars is horrible. It's totally against the values they are teaching us. How do you feel about this? I'm a faithful person who doesn't attend masses and hates priests and this organization in general. I'm fed up with the hypocrisy. Maybe I'm wrong here and I'm open for discussion.

Overcomer
Guru

Re: Supporting evil Catholic Church

Post #2

Post by Overcomer »

I'm a Protestant so I can't speak to the subject from inside the RCC. But, yes, people have done horrible things in the name of God -- things that God would never condone, things that anger and disappoint and disgust him.

This is why it's important to make Jesus our focus and not a particular denomination or church. You will find no perfect churches because there are no perfect followers of Christ. But there are some that are better than others.

I know a number of lapsed Catholics who are totally fed up and have dumped God because of the failures of their church and that's sad. My suggestion is -- try a different denomination. Find a church were the Holy Spirit is at work, where the people are honestly and sincerely working with that Spirit to honour God in what they think, say and do. But don't give up on Jesus. He and he alone is worthy of our faith and worship. The Catholic church doesn't and can't save. Only Jesus does. So go where he is present and at work.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Supporting evil Catholic Church

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

ID1993 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:52 am As a Catholic and someone who is passionate about history, I simply can't support the church we have. So much evil that they have commited and wars is horrible. It's totally against the values they are teaching us. How do you feel about this? I'm a faithful person who doesn't attend masses and hates priests and this organization in general. I'm fed up with the hypocrisy. Maybe I'm wrong here and I'm open for discussion.
Most religions, it seems to me, may start off with good intentions but, eventually, when people get involved seeing the influence and money available, said religion spins off its course and finds it way in to a less the honorable state.
IMO, we shouldn't support these types of religions and or anyone who does things we don't approve of in the name of God or any other god.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!