Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Somebody done posted while you was a fussing around

Post #1

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Recently I was afussing around with a post, got all proud of it, and hit the submit button. Only to get a message to the effect of "Y'all sure y'all wanna do that, someone done posted while y'all was afussing around."

Now, to y'all simpletons here, y'all'da knocked the ashtray onto the floor, and stubbed your toe with an autonomous nervous system tic. And had to explain it all to the pretty thing, that magic did just occur on the computer right there.

But not me. I didn't believe in magic til then.

I remember I was hanging out with otseng. Me and otseng hang out. And I said, "otseng, how bout you code this thing?"

And he said, "As always you goofy oaf (he calls me goofy oaf), you're right and I sure will, after all, ya taught me all this, and this right here is it one of the all thises it was ya taught me." He's smart like that.

And to that's how it came to be.

I remember my Vic20. It only took me a month and a whole nother to produce the time I wore on my wrist. But then I got me that Commodore 128. Made a cool shuttle simulator, if we use the term "shuttle" and "simulator" loosely (ah, but I did math out musical notes and scales and such). Then I found out about computer networking, and just knew the witches had done brewed them up a batch.

Sad to say, stupidity, life, and other priorities took me away from this passion.

Thanks otseng. Your work, and your kind words of compassion and wisdom have really helped me in ways I can't put to words.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

William
Savant

Re: Somebody done posted while you was a fussing around

Post #2

Post by William »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #1]

I was searching for the post you made recently about hearing voices and such - wanted to comment on that and found this thread while looking.

When we each phase into the next experience, [aka afterlife] I hope we can hang out together and explore the new situation and have a lot of laughs.

Cheers.
W

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Difflugia »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:04 amI remember my Vic20. It only took me a month and a whole nother to produce the time I wore on my wrist. But then I got me that Commodore 128.
Apparently we're similar ages. I learned on a Commodore 64.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

Difflugia wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:47 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:04 amI remember my Vic20. It only took me a month and a whole nother to produce the time I wore on my wrist. But then I got me that Commodore 128.
Apparently we're similar ages. I learned on a Commodore 64.
I had a TI-99 about that time. In fact I bought and sold them for awhile. When they dropped down to $69 it was very hard to buy them as they sold out quickly. I'd call around to different department stores and when I found one that had some I'd buy a few and then sell them for $99 through newspaper want ads. TI-Basic had great additions for sound and graphic controls. The biggest drawback was the lack of a hard drive. They sold a cable that would allow you to use a standard cassette player to store your programs. Talk about speedy access!

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Difflugia »

Tcg wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:06 pmThe biggest drawback was the lack of a hard drive. They sold a cable that would allow you to use a standard cassette player to store your programs. Talk about speedy access!
Yep. I used a "tape drive" for over a year before I sprung for a floppy drive.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

Difflugia wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:48 pm
Tcg wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:06 pmThe biggest drawback was the lack of a hard drive. They sold a cable that would allow you to use a standard cassette player to store your programs. Talk about speedy access!
Yep. I used a "tape drive" for over a year before I sprung for a floppy drive.
That had to beat the heck out of tapes. They were such an advantage, but now it's almost like we're talking about Model T Fords or Betamax.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Tape drives!!!

?
Kids, tape drives are what we used to use before floppy disks.
?
Floppy discs are what we used before CDs.
?
CDs are what we used before USB sticks.
?
USB sticks are what we used before the cloud.
?
No, not the clouds in the sky.

Aw, just forget it.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin