Time Travel

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Time Travel

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

If time travel was possible (ignore potential multi-universe theories and butterfly effects and the like), to what time on Earth's history would to travel and why?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Miles
Savant

Re: Time Travel

Post #2

Post by Miles »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:50 pm If time travel was possible (ignore potential multi-universe theories and butterfly effects and the like), to what time on Earth's history would to travel and why?
What time: The day of Donald Trump's funeral
Why: To gloat

But seriously, although not by much, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . hmm, got to think about this one. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to Miles in post #2]
How about back to the day before he rode down the escalator to show everyone news articles from the next six years to let them know what would happen if they let him become president?

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:50 pm If time travel was possible (ignore potential multi-universe theories and butterfly effects and the like), to what time on Earth's history would to travel and why?
If I could take a Bible with I'd love to travel back to about two weeks before Jesus was crucified, assuming that actually happened. I'd read passages from the gospels to him that claim to be describing what we had done and said the last three years. If he reaction was anything other than: I did what?... I said what?, then I'd be very surprised.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I'd fetch back and revive Jesus, just for the lulz.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin