Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Should I start healing people?

Post #1

Post by Veridican »

You know, it strikes me: Everyone just wants to talk--no one really wants to listen. People are set in their ways. I may hold the true doctrine of Christ, but everyone else thinks they hold the truth as well. How then can I reach anyone? I'm not going to convince anyone by talking. I think I'm going to have to take a lesson from Christ and start adding something to my talking--and that would be "doing."

I mean, what did he do? He gave them loaves and fishes, didn't he? He did miracles. He didn't just preach. Me and my hot air. Even if it's the truth--what difference does that make?

I can do two kinds of miracles: I can give personal prophecies, and I can do healings.

Everyone calls me a heretic anyway. All the groups on MeWe think I'm Satanic. I can't win. So, why fight?

I think when I get back on Facebook, I'm going to start a group dedicated to personal prophecies and healings. That can be my loaves and fishes, can't it?

I swear, sometimes I think I'm the biggest hypocrite in the world. I preach and preach that we should follow ONLY the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, and I barely do any of it. I just wallow in my depression and hopelessness. Maybe it's time to actually step out in faith a little.

Any advice? Any suggestions? :?
All for Christ and only for Christ! :wave:

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Re: Should I start healing people?

Post #11

Post by Veridican »

Diagoras wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:42 pm
These kind of thoughts are not uncommon. If they are affecting your ability to live a normal daily life, it might be worthwhile seeking some help from someone medically trained.
Nope. I was talking to you.

If the swings ever feel too severe, there are reliable ways to 'smooth them out' (and not necessarily purely by medication).
Do enlighten me.

Which journal or organisation is publishing it (or who are you planning to submit it to)? Are you worried about it being rejected or not read by the audience you hope to reach?
Well, that's not the way academic publishing works. But I have it up on my website, and it's going in the book I'm currently working on; so, that's good enough.

Talking these things out is usually helpful, so glad to hear that even just posting 'blab' is doing you some good.
:approve:

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Veridican wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:05 pm You should try to be more civil.
There's s report button specifically for your upset in this matter.

Sarcasm has a rich and storied history of working to show how goofy some ideas may be.

So, as your only complaint is my comments caused you upset...
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Veridican »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:45 pm

Sarcasm has a rich and storied history of working to show how goofy some ideas may be.

Yeah, I tried that. They dismissed it without comment. They warn me every time I so much as have a hint of "tone" in my voice. But atheists get a pass--even the rude ones. It's a joke. I really can't wait until I'm back on Facebook. It has been this way in these forums since I started in them in 1996, I think it was. It's frustrating, but what can you do? They moved my argument for the existence of God out of the philosophy board. They delete my posts. But that has always been the case with atheists from the beginning of my debating them. The unfair treatment is just proof of the weakness of atheism. You know, there's only about 10 active members in this group. It's been around forever, and this is what's left of it.

Christian groups aren't any better. Actually, they're worse. But that's the way people are.

So, you get a free pass to abuse me online, my friend. But see? I'm talking to you anyway. O:)

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #14

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Veridican wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:13 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:45 pm

Yeah, I tried that. They dismissed it without comment. They warn me every time I so much as have a hint of "tone" in my voice. But atheists get a pass--even the rude ones. It's a joke.
The mods are a diverse group religious-wise, and hold themselves tightly to a standard of equal treatment for all.
I really can't wait until I'm back on Facebook.
:blink:
It has been this way in these forums since I started in them in 1996, I think it was. It's frustrating, but what can you do?
Maybe try to understand why someone'd be so sarcastic when they encounter the statements you present.
They moved my argument for the existence of God out of the philosophy board.
So instead of being upset about it, try to learn why your argument might not fit the criteria.
They delete my posts.
If I recall correctly, I saw otseng had mentioned it happened to one. And explained how he couldn't get it back.

Let me be clear here, otseng, a Christian, bends over backwards to try to accommodate as many folks, and their personal ways of expression, as he possibly can.
But that has always been the case with atheists from the beginning of my debating them. The unfair treatment is just proof of the weakness of atheism.
You say you've been debating all this time, and with so many,

yet you don't recognize the fallacious blanket statement.
You know, there's only about 10 active members in this group. It's been around forever, and this is what's left of it.
What group are you referring to?
Christian groups aren't any better. Actually, they're worse. But that's the way people are.
Try a mirror. When I think everyone around me is a jerk, maybe it's just me.
So, you get a free pass to abuse me online, my friend. But see? I'm talking to you anyway. O:)
Try to see how my sarcasm was directed at your ideas, and not you.

Try to understand how your approach might be off-putting to the point folks just dismiss it out of hand.
-Punkinhead Martin

Diagoras
Guru

Post #15

Post by Diagoras »

Veridican wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:13 pm
Would that be talkjesus.com? And you wrote ‘Riverside’?

From a quick glance at that forum, I’d agree the reaction was way worse.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Veridican »

Diagoras wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:00 pm
Would that be talkjesus.com? And you wrote ‘Riverside’?

From a quick glance at that forum, I’d agree the reaction was way worse.
Yeah, that's one of them anyway. And I did write a book of poetry called "Riverside." In that book is a poem, entitled Riverside as well. :study:

Diagoras
Guru

Post #17

Post by Diagoras »

[Replying to Veridican in post #16]

Good to know. Now that I saw the website (and particularly the proclamation on vaccines), I have a better idea where you’re coming from.

From your ‘articles of faith’ (VIII. Eschatology), it’s clear that you view someone like me (double-vaxxed and a booster) as an agent of Satan. The ‘rolling eyes’ emoji isn’t nearly powerful enough in this instance.

I suggest you don’t engage with me further.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #18

Post by Veridican »

Diagoras wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:17 pm
From your ‘articles of faith’ (VIII. Eschatology), it’s clear that you view someone like me (double-vaxxed and a booster) as an agent of Satan. The ‘rolling eyes’ emoji isn’t nearly powerful enough in this instance.

When did I ever say you were an agent of Satan? Aren't you an atheist? Trust me; if you're an atheist, you've got a lot bigger problem than taking the vaxx.

As for the vaxx, most people are taking it ignorantly. It's a sin for Veridicans to take it, but it's not like blaspheming the Holy Spirit. I mean, people sin all the time. The problem is there's another bio-weapon coming. And being vaxxed is going to make you a target. Will it kill you? I don't know. But the purpose of the Vaxx is population decline. The world's too populated for the Antichrist to rise to power. But like I said, you're an atheist, you got bigger problems.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #19

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Veridican wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:56 pm
Diagoras wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:17 pm

When did I ever say you were an agent of Satan? Aren't you an atheist? Trust me; if you're an atheist, you've got a lot bigger problem than taking the vaxx.

As for the vaxx, most people are taking it ignorantly. It's a sin for Veridicans to take it, but it's not like blaspheming the Holy Spirit. I mean, people sin all the time. The problem is there's another bio-weapon coming. And being vaxxed is going to make you a target. Will it kill you? I don't know. But the purpose of the Vaxx is population decline. The world's too populated for the Antichrist to rise to power. But like I said, you're an atheist, you got bigger problems.
"You got bigger problems"

Like theists hell-bent to bring on the "end times".
-Punkinhead Martin

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #20

Post by benchwarmer »

Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm I can do two kinds of miracles: I can give personal prophecies, and I can do healings.

[..snip...]

Any advice? Any suggestions? :?
Sorry, late to this particular party. Yes, skip the 'personal prophecies' and get down to business with the healings. I suggest picking a local hospital to start and work your way outward from there. No need to explain where or why, just do. Your actions (and healings if they actually occur) will speak for themselves.

Looking forward to the wave of healings. We sure could use it about now.