What is life like at age 45?

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

What is life like at age 45?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

I though this response was interesting to the question posed on Quora...
I’m 49 and I can tell you that most people start going downhill after 40. The cuties you once thought were hot in high school have all morphed into wildebeests. At about 45, some people begin what’s known as a mid-life crises. That’s when you wake-up and realize that you’re not where you thought you’d be at 45 and then get deeply depressed about your failures. This is when most marriages fall apart too. At mid 40’s, you begin feeling aches and pains you’ve never felt before. Many in their 40’s develop serious health issues which is nothing more than accumulation of all the junk food and bad habits people had in their 20’s/30’s.
https://qr.ae/pGjbJt

The Barbarian
Sage

Re: What is life like at age 45?

Post #2

Post by The Barbarian »

I'm happier now, in my 70s, than I was in my 40s. And the cutie who finally agreed to share my life over 50 years ago, still looks pretty darn good to me. For a lot of reasons, one's 40s can be hard. But it gets better.

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Rose2020 »

Well I am happier now as a person as I am old. Even with health problems. Youth is not necessarily the best time.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to otseng in post #1]

The wildebeest comment sure is true in many aspects (and made me chuckle): the hotties I knew are now blobs of lethargy for the most part. There are some exceptions (for those that are still alive - those that aren't look the same as they did then, though their current lighting situation isn't the best I suspect ;) )
Thankfully, I've aged rather well, though I'm missing a few more organs and have a few more 'original' things amended than I did 'back-n-da-day'.

Some days I watch THE PRICE IS RIGHT. I'm struck with how much BIGGER people are today than they were in the late 70's, for example. That tells me people aren't eating well and or aren't getting enough exercise.
GET A DOG!

I am, however, struct but the sh*t word used in the original post ("You also realize in your 40’s that most people don’t give a shit about you and that friends fall off as they marry or move-on."; 2. Profanity and obscenity of any sort are not allowed (this includes words that are abbreviated or coded).). I thought those types of words weren't allowed here....?
If that's changed, I'll be happy to start using them more. Please let us know!
Have a great, potentially godless, day!