Post covid infections

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Post covid infections

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

After recovering from covid, which was nasty but not as bad as I expected, I am amazed at the bad infections I am getting. The latest was much worse than covid and put me in bed for a week.

I had 3 vaccinations and the flu jab.
Last edited by Rose2020 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miles
Savant

Re: Post covid infections

Post #2

Post by Miles »

You have my sympathies. Hang in there. :approve:

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #3

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to Rose2020 in post #1]

I wish you speedy recovery from these issues!

Covid really has been a nasty beast. Even those who either don't get it or are asymptomatic still have to deal with all the possible mental health issues of isolation, weariness from various extra health measures, friction among friends who don't hold the same views on the pandemic, market instability, etc, etc. Even small 'first world' problems like not being able to buy your favorite cereal because of production issues add up.

It's been a real kick in the pants one way or another for many of us.

There has been one silver lining for me though and that is enforced 100% working from home. I worked 'mostly' from home pre-pandemic because that is my preferred mode, but most of my colleagues only worked from home occasionally. Now, I think many have changed their view on WFH and are realizing many of the benefits. It's a bit sad that it took a pandemic to make people realize that for certain jobs, WFH is fantastic and often more productive. Anyways, sorry for my rambling.

Feel better and hang in there. Hopefully you will find some joy in debating with this unruly lot :D

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #4

Post by Rose2020 »

Thanks. It's nice to find a forum where people have strong opinions.