Weird experiences

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Weird experiences

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

For a long, long time I've experience a myriad of 'weird' phenomena. Ranging from noises and shadows, to dreams, to physical manifestations (including, but not limited to, flying craft, prints), pets 'seeing' things no one else does, seemed possession and precognition. Some of these things could very well be location orientated, though others seem to be more 'personal'. That said, there's much more I want to experience (hopefully this summer :approve: )

For discussion:
What, if anything, have you experienced that you would classify as weird, Freudian, frightening, life changing, etc... that you'd care to share 'with the group'?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Tcg
Savant

Re: Weird experiences

Post #11

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

Here's another I remembered. Driving home from a girlfriend's house late in the evening, I approached an intersection where I did not have a stop sign. For some reason I felt the need to stop. Fortunately, I did stop because another driver blew past the stop sign on the opposing road and passed before me at a high rate of speed. Was it an intervention from God as I thought at the time, or did I see, but not register consciously, the light emitting from the headlights of the other car. I may never know for sure.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #12

Post by nobspeople »

Tcg wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:44 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

Here's another I remembered. Driving home from a girlfriend's house late in the evening, I approached an intersection where I did not have a stop sign. For some reason I felt the need to stop. Fortunately, I did stop because another driver blew past the stop sign on the opposing road and passed before me at a high rate of speed. Was it an intervention from God as I thought at the time, or did I see, but not register consciously, the light emitting from the headlights of the other car. I may never know for sure.

Tcg
One night, driving through downtown, I 'heard' someone/thing say 'stop' at a green light. When I did, a driver blew through their red light. If I wouldn't have stopped, I would have been T-boned by someone doing WELL over the downtown speed limit.
I think that happens to a lot of people.
I too thought it 'must be god'. And maybe it was. Or maybe it was something/one else? Maybe it was me? I've had many recog experiences so who knows?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by Athetotheist »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1
pets 'seeing' things no one else does
I too have experienced numerous baffling phenomena over the years, but here's one I've recently encountered:

One of my nextdoor neighbor's dogs will sometimes trot in circles in their back yard, looking up at the sky and barking at.....something. I haven't been able to spot any aircraft, birds, weather phenomena or anything else to explain this behavior.

Tcg
Savant

Post #14

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

I had a weird experience between that state of being asleep and wakefulness. Right before I woke up, I was dreaming of an image of my laptop screen. It was like a snapshot. No movement involved. Then once I awoke the image remained in front of me. I reached out to touch my laptop but of course it wasn't there. Once I realized I was touching nothing but mattress, the image disappeared. Maybe a 4.2 second event, but it was weird. Like a dream bleeding over into reality.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom