Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

bernee51
Site Supporter

What is a 'true christian'

Post #1

Post by bernee51 »

In the A question for all Christians.. thread
otseng wrote: There might be 2 billion people who claim to be Christians, but that doesn't mean they are Christians.

...It's estimated that 85% of the people here in the US claim to be Christians. Anyone can claim to be anything they want.
It would appear from the post that there is a belief that although 85% of people in the USA claim to be christian, very few would actually qualify.

so what particular traits separate 'true christians' from those who profess to be?

regards

Bernie
Last edited by bernee51 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piper Plexed
Site Supporter

Re: What is a 'true christian'

Post #2

Post by Piper Plexed »

bernee51 wrote:In the A question for all Christians.. thread
otseng wrote: There might be 2 billion people who claim to be Christians, but that doesn't mean they are Christians.
so what particular traits separate 'true christians' from those who profess to be?

regards

Bernie
Please link to the post Otseng is being quoted from or supply a context in which this question is being asked i.e. morality, dogma..... :shock: :nervious: Regards, Piper
*"I think, therefore I am" (Cogito, ergo sum)-Descartes
** I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that ...

bernee51
Site Supporter

Re: What is a 'true christian'

Post #3

Post by bernee51 »

Piper Plexed wrote:
bernee51 wrote:In the A question for all Christians.. thread

regards

Bernie
Please link to the post Otseng is being quoted from or supply a context in which this question is being asked i.e. morality, dogma..... :shock: :nervious: Regards, Piper
well Piper - the poster was commenting that many in the USofA claim to be christians (85% apparently) but few actually are. This means one of two things. The poster thinks that they are either a 'true christian' or they are not.

This was in response to another post which quoted that widely known work of fiction - " For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those that find it."

I am interested to know what the poster, and any other interested parties, believe constitutes a 'true christian'

regards

bernie

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

The thread referenced is A question for all Christians...on the narrow path.

This thread has the potential of becoming a debate topic, so I might move this into the debate category if it starts heading that way.

Another thread related to this is DEFINING Christianity: The Bottom Line.