What could this mean?

Discuss physical fitness and healthy living / eating

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

What could this mean?

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

I had all my vaccinations and flu jab. I still got covid earlier this year but recovered without too much discomfort.
Yet since that time I seem to be prone to other viruses, I keep getting sick.

At the same time I hear about unvaccinated people who have not had even a cold nor covid. I am glad for them as I would never wish anyone ill.

But what can it mean? I just want to make sense of things. I did everything asked of me and now I never feel true wellbeing.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: What could this mean?

Post #2

Post by Difflugia »

Rose2020 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:13 pmI had all my vaccinations and flu jab. I still got covid earlier this year but recovered without too much discomfort.

At the same time I hear about unvaccinated people who have not had even a cold nor covid. I am glad for them as I would never wish anyone ill.

But what can it mean? I just want to make sense of things. I did everything asked of me and now I never feel true wellbeing.
What it means is that COVID is nasty. I had COVID two years ago when it was first in the US before vaccination was available. I've since been vaccinated and had it again. I still have some lingering health effects.

It's a statistics game. COVID is about ten times more likely to put you in the hospital or kill you if you haven't been vaccinated, but a minority of even unvaccinated people get dangerously sick. The vaccines themselves are dangerous, but less dangerous than even the possibility of getting COVID.

Statistically, you're probably better off with the vaccinations than you would be if you hadn't received them. Statistically again, though, you're probably less well than you would be if COVID hadn't happened at all. Most unvaccinated people haven't contracted COVID or had mild cases and some vaccinated people still died. The vaccinated people, though, are less likely to have a bad outcome overall.

Most of my extended family members have had COVID without needing hospitalization. Most, but not all of them were vaccinated. It killed two of my unvaccinated uncles.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Rose2020
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Rose2020 »

Sorry to hear of your uncles, what a tragedy. It is a sobering thought.
Overall, I am glad to be vaccinated. I felt during covid that it tried but failed to get down further than my throat. Things can go either way once you are sick and testing positive. It matters a lot to think that you have been vaccinated, it is comforting as you lie there with a nonstop headache for 3 days.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by nobspeople »

Rose2020 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:13 pm I had all my vaccinations and flu jab. I still got covid earlier this year but recovered without too much discomfort.

With billions of people on the planet, no two people are the same and have the same resistances to different things. It could be those other people had it but never had symptoms. Or, their immune system is better than yours. Or they were never exposed to it. Or a myriad of other things (maybe their alien DNA is superior to yours!).
Have a great, potentially godless, day!