Are carbs the enemy?

Discuss physical fitness and healthy living / eating

Moderator: Moderators

Goose
Guru

Are carbs the enemy?

Post #1

Post by Goose »

So I eat carbs at almost every meal. Mostly fruit (and veg), whole wheat breads, whole wheat pastas, whole wheat cereals, brown rice, and such. I find I tend to "bonk" when I workout intensely if I don't take in sufficient carbs.

Does anyone else experience this?

What are your views on carbs?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Re: Are carbs the enemy?

Post #2

Post by Zzyzx »

[Replying to post 1 by Goose]
It doesn't seem to have ever made much difference what I ate or even whether I ate before workouts so I don't pay much attention. My food intake has varied considerably over the years -- both in quality and quantity -- without any apparent effect.

Perhaps it is a high metabolism (or inefficient digestive system) that allows me to eat plenty of all food categories without problems and without increase in body fat.
Non-Theist

If you stop claiming knowledge of invisible, undetectable unicorns, I will stop challenging your claim. Same goes for gods

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

For a quick tutorial on science vs. religion, compare modern internet weather radar to ancient religious beliefs and superstitions about weather

"Demand money with the threat of violence and you'll get arrested. Do it with the threat of eternal damnation and it's tax deductible"

fncbear
Student

Re: Are carbs the enemy?

Post #3

Post by fncbear »

People just want to eat whatever junk they want and still look amazing.