Prayers for my child

Discuss physical fitness and healthy living / eating

Moderator: Moderators

CindSein

Prayers for my child

Post #1

Post by CindSein »

Hi all,
I'm in need of your help. Our house is located in a remote area. It is a calm and serene place with lots of lovely birds. We wake up with the chirping of the birds. We used to spend a lot of time in our front yard. At nights we can see the bats flying .....We never bothered about it. But last day, my child got scared when he saw the bat thinking it for a ghost. The only way to get rid of this is hiring a wildlife relocation service. Now he is very frightened to move out of the house at night. He is saying that there is a ghost. Although I tried to convince him it has gone on deaf ears. So guys.....please do help me in bringing my child back to normal. How can I convince him that it was just a bat???
Please remember my child in your prayers

Rob1010

Re: Prayers for my child

Post #11

Post by Rob1010 »

[Replying to post 1 by CindSein]

Prayers are not going to help your child. Educate him about the world. I think that is your solution. I know you mentioned a living in a distant area but is that area clean?

Take a look at this article. I find it pertaining to your situation. Let me know your thoughts. Hopefully, it helps. O:)

http://dumpsquad.ca/health-issuesduetoi ... edisposal/

Overcomer
Guru

prayers

Post #12

Post by Overcomer »

By all means, teach your child about bats. But teach him about Jesus, too.

Why not pray at bedtime with him? Here's the prayer my mother taught me as a child:

Jesus, tender shepherd, hear me,
bless this little lamb tonight.
In the darkness, keep me near thee.
Guard me 'til the morning light.

And find a children's Bible and read over Psalm 23 with him. I memorized that as a child and it still gives me comfort.

Also, read him stories about Jesus and how he calmed the disciples' fear when they were out on the water and a storm came up.

I would also suggest taking a look at the passage in Philippians where Paul encourages people to think on the good things, thereby changing their thought patterns to whatever is noble, whatever is good, etc.

There's a good reason why Jesus said, "Be not afraid." He knew there would be things that scared us at any age. But he promised that, with him, we wouldn't have to live in fear.

fncbear
Student

Re: Prayers for my child

Post #13

Post by fncbear »

Saying bedtime prayers every night can help a child develop a habit of praying regularly and to self-reflect on his/her thoughts, behaviour, and actions of the day.