Head-to-head subforum request

Requests for head-to-head debate
otseng
Savant

Head-to-head subforum request

Post #1

Post by otseng »

If you would like to debate in a head-to-head debate, find an opponent and agree on a topic. Then both of you must post here with the topic title you two have agreed on and then send me a PM with the link to your request. You two should also agree beforehand the format of the debate. I'll then give you both membership to the usergroup. You are then free to create the topic and debate.

After the debate is over, PM me and I'll lock the thread and remove you from the usergroup.
Last edited by otseng on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

playhavock
Guru

Post #21

Post by playhavock »

debate over i belive - unless i missed something we both had 2 rebutals (one for opening one for rebutal) and a closing. So.. unless my oppenent says this is in error I belive our debate is done ^_^

otseng
Savant

Post #22

Post by otseng »

OK, I've removed you two from the group. And since I don't think there are any active H2H debates, I've removed everyone from the group.

playhavock
Guru

Post #23

Post by playhavock »

Hello, two things right quick, I'm debating one and one again! :)

ttruscott and I will be debating soon the topic will be "Is faith nothing more then magic?"

so please add me/him as soon as he posts here, and secondly, it seems my debate with john is not going to happen, I'm not sure if the topic requires locking or not, but I just wanted you to know. thanks!

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by ttruscott »

playhavock wrote: Hello, two things right quick, I'm debating one and one again! :)

ttruscott and I will be debating soon the topic will be "Is faith nothing more then magic?"

so please add me/him as soon as he posts here, and secondly, it seems my debate with john is not going to happen, I'm not sure if the topic requires locking or not, but I just wanted you to know. thanks!
Ok, I'm in. :)

Peace, Ted

otseng
Savant

Post #25

Post by otseng »

OK, added you both.

Divine Insight
Savant

AdHoc & Divine Insight

Post #26

Post by Divine Insight »

AdHoc and I have decided to debate the following topic head-to-head:

- The question for debate
"Is the crucifixion of Jesus meaningful?"

- What each side claims
AdHoc's position: The crucifixion is a demonstration of God's love.
Divine Insight's position: The crucifixion cannot be meaningful.

- The debate format
1. Each participant will post their initial position. (AdHoc will go first and start the debate thread)
2. Then, in turn, each participant will comment on the position of the other.
3. This will then continue, in turn, until both parties feel they have made their case.

- Any time/post limit
Neither participant is concerned with time limitations. The debate will continue until one of the following has been reached:

1. The debaters agree that they have presented and understood each others main points. They do not need to agree that the points are satisfactory, but merely that they understand where the other person is coming from.

Or

2. Until the moderator of the debate feels that the debaters are either spinning their wheels, or going too far off on tangents unrelated to the original goal of the debate.

- Any specific moderators that will be involved (you'll need to get a moderator to agree before the thread gets started)
Both participants will accept any moderator who is willing to volunteer to moderate the debate. So that's yet to be determined at the time of this request.

otseng
Savant

Re: AdHoc & Divine Insight

Post #27

Post by otseng »

Divine Insight wrote: AdHoc and I have decided to debate the following topic head-to-head:

- The question for debate
"Is the crucifixion of Jesus meaningful?"

- What each side claims
AdHoc's position: The crucifixion is a demonstration of God's love.
Divine Insight's position: The crucifixion cannot be meaningful.

- The debate format
1. Each participant will post their initial position. (AdHoc will go first and start the debate thread)
2. Then, in turn, each participant will comment on the position of the other.
3. This will then continue, in turn, until both parties feel they have made their case.

- Any time/post limit
Neither participant is concerned with time limitations. The debate will continue until one of the following has been reached:

1. The debaters agree that they have presented and understood each others main points. They do not need to agree that the points are satisfactory, but merely that they understand where the other person is coming from.

Or

2. Until the moderator of the debate feels that the debaters are either spinning their wheels, or going too far off on tangents unrelated to the original goal of the debate.

- Any specific moderators that will be involved (you'll need to get a moderator to agree before the thread gets started)
Both participants will accept any moderator who is willing to volunteer to moderate the debate. So that's yet to be determined at the time of this request.
Added.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #28

Post by Divine Insight »

Any moderator care to volunteer to moderate our debate?

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by LiamOS »

I'm not adverse to doing so. Seems like an interesting topic.
If you're both happy with that, PM me a link to the thread so I can put it on my watched threads.

AdHoc
Guru

Post #30

Post by AdHoc »

Yes I agree to debate the topic that Divine Insight posted and I agree to AkiThePirate moderating our debate