Musing on Relationships

Discussion of anything to do with the 'why' questions of life.
William
Savant

Musing on Relationships

Post #1

Post by William »

My messenger signals I have incoming news from Wiremu. It is good to hear his voice again...

Wiremu: I wonder why folk have to argue and cannot get along and just see how we all need to work together to make this planet wholesome?"

I Poke at the fire with my staff

Manu Iti: I am here to hear. Humans are like sparks from a fire, reaching for the heavenly ones. They require some kind of poke to get activated..

A wolf howls in the distance

Wiremu: We are all here experiencing this planet in this universe. Yet for reasons not entirely clear, we are distracted by our arguments. Hindered by them, even to the death.

I place another branch on the fire.

Wiremu: Perhaps the fear of our situation would be too much to bear if we learned how to focus upon it, and so we distract ourselves...I have had another strange encounter with Callum's creator...we have fallen out as it were and he has messaged me to say that it greatly surprised him that we have a broken relationship.

Manu Iti: How do you view your relationship with Callum's creator?

Wiremu: I do not see that it is a relationship or ever has been one. Not because of anything in particular but because our interaction never developed into something I would refer to as a 'relationship'...

Manu Iti: Perhaps that is because you view Friendship as the ultimate form of Relationship?

Wiremu: Yes. But our relationship has never been that, so didn't "break".

Manu Iti: It has always been "broken?"

Wiremu: In the sense that it has never developed into a Friendship, so is not even regarded by me to being a relationship.

Manu Iti: An acquaintance and nothing more than that.

Wiremu: Correct. And in that, nothing in which to feel greatly surprised or astonished about when disagreement which is not fixable happens.

Manu Iti: Yet he reaches out to try and mend things?

Wiremu: Apparently. But there is nothing to mend as nothing was broken. The relationship has never been a Friendship.

Manu Iti: So in that sense, non-Friendship is a broken thing to begin with?

Wiremu: Not if it wasn't a Friendship to begin with. If it was a Friendship, then yes - it would be broken and thus could require fixing.

Manu Iti: So perhaps Callum's creator thinks you were once Friends with him then, and that is why he reaches out to 'fix the Friendship" he thinks once existed and is now broken?

Wiremu: Perhaps...I invited him to The Campfire by sending him this picture...and he replied that I need to translate the image into words for him to understand me.

I view the picture Wiremu sends. The moons brightness dissipates as a cloud passes in front of it...
Manu Iti: It appears from what you tell me, that he does not understand you, yet thinks that you and he are Friends...if you were, then he would have immediately understood your invitation, because he would know you.

If he does turn up, I will attempt to explain to him your idea of Friendship
Congrats on your marriage to Lindy by the way!

Wiremu: Thank you! Now there is a real Friendship!

William
Savant

Re: Relationships - how are they built?

Post #31

Post by William »

Manu Iti: I said "altogether it is one". Just as the image of this sphere is seen to be one thing.

I point to the image of the sphere floating before us...

Manu Iti: The Hologram Realms are what one experiences if one is within that Sphere...

I pause for a moment as Jason observes the floating image...

Manu Iti: This Place...

again I gesture with my hands to our immediate surroundings...

Manu Iti: ... is the Hub of The Hologram Dimensions or Realms as I refer to them. It is situated at the very center of the Sphere...

As to the problem of having to define everything to one another, that is the result of another Hologram Realm hacking into the Human System and altering the ability for humans being able to understand each other. This was done because humans were becoming too aware too quickly and this had to be slowed down due to how humans were applying their knowledge to build ways in which to hack their own system...it worked but humans are still a way off from getting out from underneath that result.

At that, I get an incoming message from Wiremu...I open my tablet and read...

...and then chuckling, I send the message on to the tablet I had earlier placed under the bench seat Jason is now seated on. The device beeps.

Manu Iti: There is a tablet under your bench Jason - it is for you to use. I sent you a message I just received from Wiremu.

The Tanager
Prodigy

Post #32

Post by The Tanager »

As Manu Iti speaks, I wonder what it has to do with building strong relationships. The way he wants to connect important issues is just so foreign to the way I'd do it. He finishes and speaks of a tablet under my seat. I pick it up and look at Wiremu's message.

Jason: A good list to make and footsteps to follow in.

I pause, thinking of my indifference towards, or perhaps more dislike of boats

Jason: ...well, except maybe napping on a boat. I am having a bit of trouble following your path here. You seem to be recounting your view of the history of relationship building, rather than systematically addressing things the way my mind works easiest. Perhaps this is a way Wiremu is checking off the third item on his list.

Are you saying that humans have made relating to each other more difficult and that, somehow, getting to the truth of how that was done will help them build a stronger relationship? Or perhaps I am way off.

William
Savant

Post #33

Post by William »

I listen to Jason'. He seems to think it a simply matter of my speaking in a way that his mind understands.

Manu Iti: Yes. The telling of stories Jason. Can you imagine what it would be like to experience being a member of the Patupaiarehe Species? They hear and see each others thoughts...in that they are one entity...one mind... many branches...

I point to the image of the Sphere to stress my point...

Manu Iti: Stories can help us see through the covering our minds are under...wherever the human hangover derived - and as I say - they were 'hacked' so things became confusing for them and they had to sort themselves out using other means...words and their meanings eventually became a type of barrier to their understanding because the meanings were all based around their belief systems...their belief systems had hacked their minds and shaped their words

At that I pretend to scrunch up an imaginary item between my hands. I do so, until the item has become just a small object which I roll between my fingers...I hold up my hand while doing this and point at the action with a finger of my other hand...

Manu Iti: This is that type of belief, and this...

I dig the heal of my foot into the dirt beneath my feet, then bend down and drop the invisible item into the shallow indentation I have made...then cover that up with dirt to bury it.

Manu Iti:...is what is best done with said type of beliefs...

I pause for a few moments and listen for the crickets. They have stopped their chirping.

Manu Iti: Things which become barriers to building relationships into inter-relationships are best treated in that manner.

I point to the disturbed spot of dirt I made...

The Tanager
Prodigy

Post #34

Post by The Tanager »

Jason: Yes, stories can be extremely helpful in helping us to look at things in a different light. I wonder, though, if some are vague enough to bend to our already held conceptions, thereby lengthening the blindness all the more.

I also agree that beliefs which are barriers to building relationships are worth grinding into the dust. How to know if one's beliefs are of that kind is harder.

William
Savant

Post #35

Post by William »

Manu Iti: Indeed. So what beliefs may act as barriers to building relationships? If you were to place an image analogous of the association between creator and creation, how would it be different that this sphere

Once again I point to the sphere hanging in the air in the space between us.

The Tanager
Prodigy

Post #36

Post by The Tanager »

I look back at the sphere above us and think for awhile. I always wonder who is okay with periods of silence and who isn't. Many feel uncomfortable from them. I never have. Manu Iti seems to be one that is okay with such periods as well. I return to thinking on the sphere a bit more. I ask God for guidance, to correct any misunderstandings I have, to correct any wrong understandings I have, to lead me into all truth. I then catch on that phrase. No, let it be truth enough for now and I laugh at myself for my philosopher's mind. Then I think a bit longer.

Jason: Two lines of thought occur to me. The first concerns the discussion as a whole: can the truth ever act as a barrier to building strong relationships? But perhaps we can put that to the side and circle back around to it soon.

The second concerns your question about the relationship between creator and creation. I think there would need to be a family of analogies. Some of them that come to mind are:

image of God,
pottery to potter,
shepherd to sheep,
parent to child,

How are these different than this image of the sphere? I don't know. I don't know what this image is meant to portray. My hesitancy to say these are the same is that the sphere may speak to a deeper oneness between Creator and creation that I don't think exists.

William
Savant

Post #37

Post by William »

I listen as Jason verbalizes his thoughts. When he is done, I take a puff on my pipe as I consider my reply

Manu Iti: You say that you don't know what the image of the sphere is meant to portray, even though I have already explained it to you. It is a visual analogy representing the Mind of The Creator, on which all things are created and in which all things can be explored through experience...

I stand and stretch and move toward Jason.

Manu Iti: I think your foot has been bathing enough...time to take a look at it.

I reach under the bench and produce a towel...then kneeling, I remove Jason's foot from the healing balm and proceed to gently dry it.
As I do, The Gem makes a sound and then proceeds to show a video clip of Fractals - using the night sky to project onto …

I understand the connotation and explain it to Jason...

Manu Iti: This is something of what one would see if one zoomed in on what is going on inside the Sphere, Jason ...

I finish up and then take a look under Jason's foot to view the wound...it is hardly noticeable ...I then think of the nail which did this...

The Tanager
Prodigy

Post #38

Post by The Tanager »

Jason: Thank you so much for your help with my wound. From what I understand of "in which all things can be explored through experience...," then, no, I don't think that is shared by the analogies I use.

William
Savant

Post #39

Post by William »

Jason tells me that he does not see things the same way I do. We have a Sherlock.
I stand and move toward The Gem...

Manu Iti: Well dear lad, while I am gone, help yourself to some stew.

I enter The Gem and then immediately am transported to the far end of The Bridge of Forgiveness. I scan the area looking for the nail which wounded Jason's foot. Before long I locate it and send a Retrieval Bot to bag it and bring it in.

The Tanager
Prodigy

Post #40

Post by The Tanager »

Manu Iti leaves me for a moment with his stew. I happily set about eating it. It warms my body and I become busily lost in thought awaiting his return.