Is Humankind worse than YHWH

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Is Humankind worse than YHWH

Post #1

Post by William »

• If the book makes God into a buffoon who flies through the air partly exposing himself to some open-mouthed nomad somewhere or who shouts "I can see you!" to a cavemen or loses his temper and casts a spell on a woman turning her into table salt or gives Moses a chunk rock on which he has scratched some words or who says: "Know what I'd really like - a bit of your genitalia, please." - there is no need for proof. Laughter will suffice.
    ~ marco

Are the stories attributed to YHWH's actions worse than the stories attributed to human actions throughout history - and if so - are we focusing upon the wrong culprit and in doing so, being blinded by such bias?

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Is Humankind worse than YHWH

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

William wrote: Are the stories attributed to YHWH's actions worse than the stories attributed to human actions throughout history - and if so - are we focusing upon the wrong culprit and in doing so, being blinded by such bias?
For me it's an irrelevant question.

Why?

Because no matter how horrible humans might be, that's no excuse for a supposedly righteous, benevolent, and trustworthy God to be even the slightest bit less than perfect.

Secondly, in theism who created humans? If humans are so terrible no one can be blamed for that but the entity who created them. So any attempt to pin the blame of evil onto humans fails miserably.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

VVilliam
Student

Post #3

Post by VVilliam »

For me it's an irrelevant question.
Why?

Because no matter how horrible humans might be, that's no excuse for a supposedly righteous, benevolent, and trustworthy God to be even the slightest bit less than perfect.
That reasoning is irrelevant to the OPQ.

Why?

Because it doesn't address the OPQ.

Secondly, in theism who created humans? If humans are so terrible no one can be blamed for that but the entity who created them. So any attempt to pin the blame of evil onto humans fails miserably.

The question was specific to what we know of stories attributed to YHWH's actions and whether they worse than the stories attributed to human actions throughout history.

RJG
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by RJG »

The Biblical god character is an evil psychopath, no human is worse than it.

VVilliam
Student

Post #5

Post by VVilliam »

RJG wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:11 am The Biblical god character is an evil psychopath, no human is worse than it.
The question is:
  • "Are the stories attributed to YHWH's actions worse than the stories attributed to human actions throughout history?
Your short answer appears to be an opinion which suggests that the stories about YHWH actions are true and human history is a pleasantry in comparison....perhaps a case of being blinded by bias?

:-k

Icey
Student

Post #6

Post by Icey »

William wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:40 pm
  • If the book makes God into a buffoon who flies through the air partly exposing himself to some open-mouthed nomad somewhere or who shouts "I can see you!" to a cavemen or loses his temper and casts a spell on a woman turning her into table salt or gives Moses a chunk rock on which he has scratched some words or who says: "Know what I'd really like - a bit of your genitalia, please." - there is no need for proof. Laughter will suffice.
    ~ marco

Are the stories attributed to YHWH's actions worse than the stories attributed to human actions throughout history - and if so - are we focusing upon the wrong culprit and in doing so, being blinded by such bias?
I'd say so. Humanity has only a certain amount of control. God has total control. Therefore, he's more responsible for more things that happen on this planet than people (which is not to say people are innocent).

Muffinmayne
Student

Post #7

Post by Muffinmayne »

[Replying to William in post #1]

I would say no. God never exposed himself, cast spells or shouted at random people like you’re implying. So simply no.

Willum
Savant

Post #8

Post by Willum »

[Replying to William in post #1]

No, Yahweh is far worse.
The reason God can forgive any sin, is because if he did not, he would be hypocritical.
Can you think of any sin mankind could do, that Yahweh hasn't done thousands of times worse?
Stalin killed 40 million, God killed everyone on the planet but eight.

God watches every crime and sin that occurs, and stops none of them.

God forgives all, because he has done worse.
Think of the bullying.
An omnipotent creature turning someone to salt is immensely unfair and cruel.