Doctor Jesus

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SallyF
Guru

Doctor Jesus

Post #1

Post by SallyF »

Faithful Father, thank you that you hear and answer my prayers. The Bible says that, to those who ask, it will be given, to those who seek, it will be found and to those who knock, the door will be opened. Hear my prayer for a successful surgery. Give me assurance that I will be healed. May Christ dwell in my heart through faith so that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may have the strength to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge. May I be filled with all the fullness of God. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen. https://connectusfund.org/21-short-powe ... to-go-well

Can we demonstrate that the "Faithful Father" (the mythological god Jehovah/Yahweh) is in any way ever involved in human medical procedures, or that Christ dwells in anyone's heart …?

Could this be dangerous superstition …?
"God" … just whatever humans imagine it to be.

"Scripture" … just whatever humans write it to be.

Savant

Re: Doctor Jesus

Post #41

Post by 1213 »

bluegreenearth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:48 pm ...
Is it not the case that when a proposed medicine fails more than half time it is used or succeeds at a rate no better than random chance, it is not considered to be a legitimate treatment for the intended illness?
I think that is a good question. I think it is really impossible to know surely. However, in science, if something is truly a scientific fact, it can be repeated constantly. Therefore, if in science something doesn’t work 100 %, the claim is not accurate, or not true.