Christians: aren't you embarrassed and angry?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Avoice
Guru

Christians: aren't you embarrassed and angry?

Post #1

Post by Avoice »

Your belief and truth of Christianity is said by the NT writers to be upheld by the Hebrew Scriptures.

Yet when you defend your faith you turn to King James or the Septugiant to support the claims if the NT.

The NT writers KNEW the Hebrew Scriptures was the highest authority by which all claims must be tested.

The NT writers convinced billions of people by claiming it's doctrine is supported by the Hebrew Scriptures. Yet when it comes to showing that proof you won't go to the Hebrew. You use a translation. And have the audacity to say the Greek Septugiant is the authority. The truth you claim to have you say is upheld by highest authority - Hebrew Scriptures. But when you have to prove it you cheat

Aren't you angry at the NT writers making you have to cheat in order to make their claims appear valid? Aren't you embarrassed that your truth will fail if forced to be seen in the light of the Hebrew Scriptures? That even right now you will be forced into giving a torcherous explaination even though no explaination you could give will ever give anything other than the Hebrew the authority to determine the truth.

Clownboat
Savant

Re: Christians: aren't you embarrassed and angry?

Post #51

Post by Clownboat »

pjharrison57 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:44 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #47]
I can't prove to you that there is a Holy Spirit, just like you can't prove that there is not one.
Things that do not exist cannot be proven to not exist. Things must be shown to exist, that is how it works.

It could be alluded to that there is a Holy Spirit guiding you...
If only your posts here alluded that you had some force guiding you like you claim, then we would at least have something to consider. In truth, your posts do not show any guidance of any sort. Until they do, I must distruss your claim about you having a Holy Spirit guiding you.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

pjharrison57
Student

Post #52

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to Tcg in post #50]

All I can show is my life.

pjharrison57
Student

Post #53

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to Clownboat in post #51]
Everybody is guided by God or the prince of this world. One of the two. If it is not God. It has to be the forces of this world.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #54

Post by TRANSPONDER »

pjharrison57 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:10 pm [Replying to Clownboat in post #51]
Everybody is guided by God or the prince of this world. One of the two. If it is not God. It has to be the forces of this world.
This is a faithclaim without substance and is wide open to challenge. Specifically, argument from morality, which (decades ago) failed to make a case for good and evil as anything but conditions relative to humans - which we extend to animals and even things, because we can have feelings about them.
It is no case for a god of any kind.
pjharrison57 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:01 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #50]

All I can show is my life.
All we can see of it are your apologetics, which so far do not convince as a case for a god of any kind.

pjharrison57
Student

Post #55

Post by pjharrison57 »

[Replying to TRANSPONDER in post #54]

Well, you don't have to worry it about it either way, do you? Just live your life.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #56

Post by TRANSPONDER »

If only that was all there was to it. :D