Post by Compassionist »

Is he telling the truth?

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re: Is he telling the truth?

Post #11

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:47 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

It's a bit convenient isn't it that the angel just happened to visit the same day this "prophet" needed to have a message ready for the congregation? I suspect also that this "prophet" had developed the outline of the message before the angel came and reveled to him the very things he's probably been preparing to speak on all along. In other words, no, I don't think he is telling the truth.

Tcg
Why ? It could both be true ! The Angel visited him, and the prophet made a revelation to the angel .
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

Savant

Post #12

Post by 1213 »

Compassionist wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:59 pm Is he telling the truth?
Difficult to know did he really experience that. However, the message is basically the same that is in the Bible already, earthquakes, wars...

And about Macron, I think the birthday is not necessary any problem, worse thing is how he acts like a tyrant and despises people that don't submit to his fascism.
"Emmanuel Macron Uses A Vulgarity To Berate France's Unvaccinated People"
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bc-eu-vi ... 42ab7a2658

Tcg
Savant

Post #13

Post by Tcg »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:59 am
Tcg wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:47 pm [Replying to Compassionist in post #1]

It's a bit convenient isn't it that the angel just happened to visit the same day this "prophet" needed to have a message ready for the congregation? I suspect also that this "prophet" had developed the outline of the message before the angel came and reveled to him the very things he's probably been preparing to speak on all along. In other words, no, I don't think he is telling the truth.

Tcg
Why ? It could both be true ! The Angel visited him, and the prophet made a revelation to the angel .
I suppose many people may believe this outlandish tale. I'm glad to not be one of them.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom