Were the Old Testament Jews Trinitarians, etc.?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

jade012064
Student

Were the Old Testament Jews Trinitarians, etc.?

Post #1

Post by jade012064 »

Greetings,
I've been away for awhile and now, I have different views. One of those views is that the Jews of Old Testament times believed in one divine being or person only from which one cannot get a trinity, etc., without changing God's unchangeable nature except for modalism. I just want people to comment upon the effects of the Jewish belief in absolute monotheism upon the continuity of Christianity from Judaism.
jade012064 :D

jade012064
Student

Get Real!

Post #11

Post by jade012064 »

Hi,
Israel's pagan neighbors had Triads and your attempt to make the Israelites like their neighbors flies in the face of everything the Bible states about them. Yes, the Jews did follow their neighbors in polytheism periodically but, their prophets always responded with monotheistic statements. In fact, Isaiah 40-46 contains a litany of monotheistic statements in condemnation of the Jews of Isaiah's day that worshipped the Babylonian Trinity separate from and alongside Jehovah so, one has to wonder why Isaiah failed to point out that Jehovah Himself was a Trinity! I referred you to that Oneness of God book because, it has oneness plus the deity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a way that's consistent with absolute monotheism. Only a handful of Jews today would agree with what you're writing, the vast major would definitely disagree with what you're writing. I'm not denying Christianity, I'm just saying that Modalism or Oneness is the only way to be consistent with the absolutely monotheistic heritage that the early Jewish Christians inherited from their ancestors. In the end, you make the Israelites and their pagan neighbors different only in degree not kind. Does that make any sense to you?
jade012064 :-k

jade012064
Student

I Apologize

Post #12

Post by jade012064 »

Hi,
I just came across proof THAT I WAS WRONG! I apologize profusely. See http://www.icjs.org/what/njsp/katzew.html for proof.
jade012064 :shock:
Last edited by jade012064 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AlAyeti
Guru

Post #13

Post by AlAyeti »

jade,

Look into the three main festivals of Israel.

Succot being a fascinating and joyous celebration when the israelites make a "temporary dwelling" a Succah, for G-d to dwell in their midst.

The Gospel of John uses this exact language to describe what Jesus "was" and did.

Anyone that thinks G-d was not mentioned as literally walking with the Israelites should be informed that the Israelites were told to bury their bodily waste so that the Lord wouldn't have to come across it.

So much for "allegorical" visitations. Sorry Maimonides. Being wrong isn't a sin, just human.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re: Thanks For Your Opinion!

Post #14

Post by The Nice Centurion »

jade012064 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:27 pm Hi,
Though I think the Jews of Old Testament times were absolute monotheists (one divine being or person only) and that the Trinity was solely a pagan innovation that received it's fullest development among the Catholics, I really appreciate your comments. Anyone else!
jade012064 :D
But we learn from exactly the OT that Jews back then were more than ready for steering back to polytheism and did this whenever they saw their chance.
History science also states this as a fact.

But history science also states that all evidence suggests that the Holy Trinity was a Catholic Hoax, and a poor but useful one.

Imagine yourself owning two slaves who quarrel about what animal strayed into their chamber last night.
Slave A:"A Dog!"
Slave B:"A Cat!"
The slaves are so into it, that they are ready to slit each others throat, and you as their master must calm the fire or accept the loss of property.
So you tell the dumb slaves:"You are both right! An animal that was cat and dog at the same time visited your chamber last night!"

That is how rivaling christian sects were served with the Holy Trinity by leaders.
And also with other logical impossibility who Last until today.
Like:"Jesus was full human and full god at the same time!"
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"