Is being gay anti-god

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

juber3
Student

Is being gay anti-god

Post #1

Post by juber3 »

My friend is saved and a born again christian. But one bad thing, hes gay. We started talking and the subject 'is it anti-god' came out. I totally blanked out on the question. whats your view

PS Otseng should this be moved to christianity debate?
"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he
hath chosen for his own inheritance." PSALM 33-12

"To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The
fool hath said in his heart, There is no
God..... PSALM 13-1"

Angry McFurious
Student

Re: Is being gay anti-god

Post #51

Post by Angry McFurious »

juber3 wrote:My friend is saved and a born again christian. But one bad thing, hes gay. We started talking and the subject 'is it anti-god' came out. I totally blanked out on the question. whats your view

aren't ALL sins the same in the eye of god? So when you lust or lie and et.c etc. aren't you just as anti god as the Gay man commitng a sin?

I'm not for gays, nor do i support there lifestyle.... but jeeze people there humans too. There sin is just as bad as the ones we commit. Let them do what they want, They'll answer for it just as we will answer for our sins.
:dance: ~Jews Rock~ :dance:

Chancellor

Post #52

Post by Chancellor »

Angry McFurious wrote:
juber3 wrote:My friend is saved and a born again christian. But one bad thing, hes gay. We started talking and the subject 'is it anti-god' came out. I totally blanked out on the question. whats your view

aren't ALL sins the same in the eye of god? So when you lust or lie and et.c etc. aren't you just as anti god as the Gay man commitng a sin?

I'm not for gays, nor do i support there lifestyle.... but jeeze people there humans too. There sin is just as bad as the ones we commit. Let them do what they want, They'll answer for it just as we will answer for our sins.
Yes, except for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (which cannot be forgiven), all sins are equally sinful. The "little white lie" is the same as genocide.

joku

Post #53

Post by joku »

Well he is saved as you said, so God will forgive him. Salvation only comes through Faith in Christ! But he should try to resist homosexuality to the best of his abilities. the Bible says "Resist the devil and he shall flee"

Homosexuality is a sin, but it can be forgiven!

adherent
Apprentice

Post #54

Post by adherent »

Yes god will forgive him, but that doesn't mean he can go on sinning (sry this is kinda out of topic). Anything against God is not for him (kinda redundant) so that solves the "$64 question."

amen brother joku!

adherent
Apprentice

Post #55

Post by adherent »

Just wondering, where did the general bias and prejudice against gay people arise?

And why only now would people go against that sort of built in bias against gay people?

jon

Post #56

Post by jon »

:confused2: well i am new to this sight. been a long time since i was on line. but i love to debate topics like this.first if we can not settle on an absolute ie. the bible, then it is hard to argue any point concerning it other than it's authenticity. but if we can at least agree that most is accurate we have a starting point. i have heard this topic kicked around alot and come to the conclusion that to be attacted to the same sex can't much be helped but to act on that impulse is. just as i am married and for me to sleep with another women is wrong so is this.there is an aposolic command or directive not to by paul in two of his letters. can we agree on this.

Arch
Scholar

Post #57

Post by Arch »

jon wrote::confused2: well i am new to this sight. been a long time since i was on line. but i love to debate topics like this.first if we can not settle on an absolute ie. the bible, then it is hard to argue any point concerning it other than it's authenticity. can we agree on this.
If you believe in the BIBLE, then homosexuality is against god as is all the sins.

leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

But the same book says eating pork is against god, in fact it says you can't even touch a dead pig.

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Even some seafoods are an abomination to god if eaten

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

So if you eat swine or certain seafoods you are just as sinful as a homosexual.

If you have to try to give up sin to be a christian, then most of you have to give up lobster and shrimps and pork. You just can't say you have to give up homosexuality to be a christian, but you can continue doing all other sins.

jon

Post #58

Post by jon »

well then. yes you are correct. the ot was finished once christ died. but we can glean from it god's veiw point. this is then backed up by paul in the nt as posted already, therefore seeing that romans and cor. and rev state that those who do such will not inherit the kingdom of god we can conclude that it was brought over into the nt by paul. if this being the case god has always been against the act of same gender sex. we also have early church fathers writing letters concerning these things and condembing it. so both secular history and religous history backs up that the act of same gender sex is anti- god. all sin is anti god.

Jennifer

Post #59

Post by Jennifer »

We can debate interpretation of the Bible forever as long as someone has something to say about it, but I encourage everyone out there to seek the TRUTH not what you want to believe to be the truth.

I believe the homosexual who comes into a relationship God through Jesus now has the power to turn from homosexual offenses, a sin categorized with other sexually immoral behavior, greed, theft, drunkenness, slander, etc. in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

The same freedom from depression and insecurity that I received from God is available to all sinners, including homosexuals. Sin is sin-offensive to God. Men lusting after women or men is a sin. Refusing the gift of joy and security from God is a sin that often committed. The problem is that we label people: "homosexual" "murderer" "adulterous woman" yet forget that Jesus came to set the captives free from the bondage of sin. Jesus came to bring us a new way of life-if we reject it we reject Him. The question is, do we continue to dwell in sin when we know it is not pleasing to God?

Let me know what you think about this. Below are the scriptures in which I find these truths. Sorry they are so long, but I don't like to pull single scriptures out of their context. Respond here or email me at Jnagel@purdue.edu

1 Corinthians 6:9-11: "9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Ephesians 4:21-23: "21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds"

Romans 3:21-28: "21But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,[9] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished-- 26he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. 27Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. "

Romans 6:6-14: " 6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[1] that we should no longer be slaves to sin-- 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin. 8Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
11In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. "

2 Corinthians 5:14-19: "14For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. 16So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation."

Powerofdaword
Student

Post #60

Post by Powerofdaword »

Hello good people! I am new to this and find this thread intriguing and feel I have something to add. i was a gang member and a drug dealer before i met Christ. I lived the indolent and dangerous lifestyle associated with gangs and drugs: voilence, drug taking, drinking to excess, theft, sleeping around...etc. Now that I am a Christian I have largely put these things behind me, I say largely because I still continue to sin. I still struggle with smoking weed, drinking to excess, running my stupid mouth off when I'm with my old friends (I have converted many of my ex-gangs' members!) but still on occasion 'hang out' in the hope of bringing the rest to Christ. However, as I say I still continue to sin though not near as much as I used to.
I am convicted in my heart and soul that I am saved through Christ who forgives my backsliding and former ways. With the help of the Holy Spirit I am becoming a better man, I am now working with drug addicts, happily married and we are buying our own home...what a change HE has wrought in me!
My point is this: if I as a self confessed drug user and hard drinker can still be a useful member of my community and church and am convicted and saved by Christ, why can't a homosexual, thief or prostitute enjoy the same blessings? We are not made perfect over night nor shall we ever be perfect until He returns. I thank God for His Grace!!!