What if we were visited by aliens?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

DanMRaymond
Student

What if we were visited by aliens?

Post #1

Post by DanMRaymond »

What if beings from some far end of space were to visit the Earth? What would the Christian response be?

William
Savant

Re: What if we were visited by aliens?

Post #101

Post by William »

AquinasForGod wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 am [Replying to DanMRaymond in post #1]

I don't think this is a problem. We already have priests that believe in aliens. It just means YHVH caused more than humans to exist in the universe.
It also means that the Second Creation Story [Genesis 2] is far more likely to be a story of how aliens used what was already available to create a specific type of human being, and place that human being in a garden the aliens also created.

One impression of what the Serpent may have looked like. The serpent may also have been a creation of the aliens...

Last edited by William on Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #102

Post by JoeyKnothead »

AquinasForGod wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 am [Replying to DanMRaymond in post #1]

I don't think this is a problem. We already have priests that believe in aliens. It just means God caused more than humans to exist in the universe.
You'll learn how to single handedly build you a particle accelerator before you ever show a god caused anything.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

William
Savant

Post #103

Post by William »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:26 pm

I don't think this is a problem. We already have priests that believe in aliens. It just means God caused more than humans to exist in the universe.
You'll learn how to single handedly build you a particle accelerator before you ever show a god caused anything.
Adding that to my Journal List. :)