Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Is Jesus same MashiH?

Post #1

Post by Yusef »

I think the messiah of Judaism was same Jesus!
Is that true?

israelite12

You are the Father

Post #41

Post by israelite12 »

No one in this forum has given any evidence that the Messiah and Ahayah are the same people:

If you deny the son you are the anti-Christ WINK WINK

John 17:1
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, FATHER, the hour is come; glorify thy SON, that THY SON also may glorify thee

Romans 1;7
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was MADE of the SEED of David ACCORDING to the FLESH;

its that simple.. BUT none of you can do it.. because you don't read and expect your pastor or parents to spoon feed you.

Ephesians 3
Whereby, when ye READ, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

READING IT FUNDAMENTAL .. LETS TRY IT FOR A CHANGE

cnorman18

Post #42

Post by cnorman18 »

bluethread wrote:
cnorman18 wrote:
Further, a much more practical problem involved in building a third Temple is the necessary and unavoidable demolition of two (2) Muslim sacred sites, the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque, which now occupy the site of the ancient Temple. Whatever ritual daydreams some Jews might have regarding a third Temple aren't worth fulfilling at the cost of precipitating worldwide outrage on the part of even moderate Muslims and the immense bloodshed of the no doubt catastrophic war which would ensue.
I respect your assessment of current judaism. I do find it concerning that you seem to be unconcerned about bowing to the Muslim practice of destruction and replacement. Do you not find it offensive that Muslims make a point of building Mosques over the holy sites of other religions?
Of course. But neither I nor other Jews are responsible for the failings or atrocities of other religions, nor are we obligated to emulate them.

cnorman18

Post #43

Post by cnorman18 »

Tex wrote:If we all waited for the Jews, that didn't believe in the Lord to pick their Messiah....WE would all still be worshiping the sun today.
From my first few days on this forum, almost five years ago now:
In my own, personal belief, Jesus was indeed sent by God to bring the light of Torah to the rest of the world. The Jews will always be "a small people"--the Book says so--and surely the rest of the was not meant to be left in the darkness of paganism. If not for Jesus, and perhaps even more for Paul, my own Celtic ancestors might have continued to paint themselves blue and worship trees.
To read the entire post, click here.

cnorman18

Re: You are the Father

Post #44

Post by cnorman18 »

israelite12 wrote:No one in this forum has given any evidence that the Messiah and Ahayah are the same people:

If you deny the son you are the anti-Christ WINK WINK

John 17:1
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, FATHER, the hour is come; glorify thy SON, that THY SON also may glorify thee

Romans 1;7
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was MADE of the SEED of David ACCORDING to the FLESH;

its that simple.. BUT none of you can do it.. because you don't read and expect your pastor or parents to spoon feed you.

Ephesians 3
Whereby, when ye READ, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

READING IT FUNDAMENTAL .. LETS TRY IT FOR A CHANGE
It's been observed before, but is apparently worth repeating; quoting the New Testament to a Jew is like quoting the Bhagavad-Gita to a Muslim. It's not our book, and we don't CARE what's in it. Capisce?

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by Tex »

In my own, personal belief, Jesus was indeed sent by God to bring the light of Torah to the rest of the world. The Jews will always be "a small people"--the Book says so--and surely the rest of the was not meant to be left in the darkness of paganism. If not for Jesus, and perhaps even more for Paul, my own Celtic ancestors might have continued to paint themselves blue and worship trees.
Tex: You seem to forget the thousand and thousand of Jews that accepted Lord Jesus as their Messiah. Lord Jesus, wasn't preaching to the Romans and then the Romans started the movement. It was preached first to the Jews and it was the Jews, that preached it to the world. The Jews were chosen by God to do this.

cnorman18

Post #46

Post by cnorman18 »

Tex wrote:
Tex: You seem to forget the thousand and thousand of Jews that accepted Lord Jesus as their Messiah. Lord Jesus, wasn't preaching to the Romans and then the Romans started the movement. It was preached first to the Jews and it was the Jews, that preached it to the world. The Jews were chosen by God to do this.
I respect your beliefs. I do not share them. You might consider returning the courtesy.

You might want to review the guidelines for this subforum. "This is a debating forum, not a place to overtly proselytize."

Tex
Banned
Banned

Post #47

Post by Tex »

Tex: You seem to forget the thousand and thousand of Jews that accepted Lord Jesus as their Messiah. Lord Jesus, wasn't preaching to the Romans and then the Romans started the movement. It was preached first to the Jews and it was the Jews, that preached it to the world. The Jews were chosen by God to do this.[/quote]
I respect your beliefs. I do not share them. You might consider returning the courtesy.

Tex: So truth is of no importance?

If you wish to talk about Christianity...Maybe you should get your facts straight.
It was not only Two Jews that started the movement.....Sorry to hurt your feelings.

cnorman18

Post #48

Post by cnorman18 »

Tex wrote:Tex: You seem to forget the thousand and thousand of Jews that accepted Lord Jesus as their Messiah. Lord Jesus, wasn't preaching to the Romans and then the Romans started the movement. It was preached first to the Jews and it was the Jews, that preached it to the world. The Jews were chosen by God to do this.

I'm rather used to people putting words in my mouth around here, but...
If you wish to talk about Christianity...Maybe you should get your facts straight.
It was not only Two Jews that started the movement.....Sorry to hurt your feelings.
...but putting "feelings" and thoughts in my head is something else again. I don't take any offense, and you're not "hurting my feelings." Sorry, but your opinions are not as important to me as you seem to think they are.

I was a seminary-educated Methodist minister before I became a Jew. I think I have all the "facts straight" that I need, thanks.

Bottom line; I don't tell you how to believe, and you don't get to tell me how to believe, either. As I said, your beliefs are not my own -- and I know of no way to prove the "truth" of the matter, so we each get to believe what we choose. Sorry, the BIBLE doesn't count; we don't use the same one, and we read the parts that we DO share quite differently. And we don't get to tell each other how to do that, either.

Peace to you, but I don't generally waste my time arguing with people who claim to be infallibly right while dismissing my own thoughts with a snap of the fingers. Be well; we're done.

bluethread
Savant

Post #49

Post by bluethread »

Tex wrote:Tex: You seem to forget the thousand and thousand of Jews that accepted Lord Jesus as their Messiah. Lord Jesus, wasn't preaching to the Romans and then the Romans started the movement. It was preached first to the Jews and it was the Jews, that preached it to the world. The Jews were chosen by God to do this.

The problem could be your use of the word "the". It impies all or as a group. It is true that jews established the sect that would be called "christian". However, "the" jews are not the founders of christianity any more than "the" jews were pharisees. Many were niether.

Jayhawker Soule
Sage

Post #50

Post by Jayhawker Soule »

bluethread wrote:

It is true that jews established the sect that would be called "christian".
This is true only if you equate the Jerusalem sect with the Pauline mission which, in my opinion, would be inordinately naive.
bluethread wrote:

It is true that jews established the sect that would be called "christian". However, "the" jews are not the founders of christianity any more than "the" jews were pharisees. Many were niether.