God?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

europious
Student

God?

Post #1

Post by europious »

So christians, all I want is one argument that will convince me of gods existance. Prove it.

baih0000
Student

Post #91

Post by baih0000 »

I only know people who have enemies normally will speak out of their deep feelings to understand their enemies deep intention to harm them including their own weaknesses. Surely such things happen in life. Do they need pills to talk about their enemies? Talk sense.

baih0000
Student

Post #92

Post by baih0000 »

You are not trying to be sensible when you said people like this are taking pills. As if it's hard to reach for your deep feelings. Even little children can do it. They have limitation in words but their understanding is very clear. So talk what is factual in your surrounding. If you cannot face death or you fear death by your deep feelings the problem here is you. Not everyone is perfect so you should learn how to be anguish to die with your imperfection. This is how you can feel your deep feelings, your soul. If you do not learn how to die like this then nobody can help you. And you will be dying thinking that death is nothing to you while you are afraid of the sting of the pain that the death has for you. Is there a good life for you like this to have love from your soul? If you are afraid of the sting of pain, life is meaningless then because you cannot accept bad consequences on you. Think about it is life meaningful or life is meaningless if you are like this? An older man should start to think with wisdom about how he should die with pain or any weaknesses that he has faced. Not to continue to be ignorant of matters.

baih0000
Student

Post #93

Post by baih0000 »

And the way I speak here, do I take any pill? I do take anti depressional pills like Olanzapine but I don't take any drug that boost up my inner being. But still I rely on my deep feelings because my deep feelings has consumed me and I cannot do anything. I have to be wise all the time..

southern cross
Banned
Banned

Post #94

Post by southern cross »

baih0000 wrote: And the way I speak here, do I take any pill? I do take anti depressional pills like Olanzapine but I don't take any drug that boost up my inner being. But still I rely on my deep feelings because my deep feelings has consumed me and I cannot do anything. I have to be wise all the time..
is this conversation with yourself fulfilling?

otseng
Savant

Post #95

Post by otseng »

YahDough wrote:
Unless, of course, I am proclaiming the truth.

Jn:14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Moderator Comment

This post would be considered to not comply with the guidelines on preaching. Please read through the guidelines and abide by them.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Re: God?

Post #96

Post by dianaiad »

europious wrote: So christians, all I want is one argument that will convince me of gods existance. Prove it.

The description of this topic, and the thing that got me in this thread, was your claim that "I know for definite that god does not exist."

You made the claim...and it is quite a claim. Then your support for that claim is that all you want is one argument that will convince you of God's existence?

Sorry. You made the claim. YOU get to support it. You 'know for definite' that God does not exist. So.....prove it.

dianaiad
Site Supporter

Post #97

Post by dianaiad »

100%atheist wrote:
I mean that your statement is positive, but your request doesn't address your statement.

If you make a personal statement about existence or non-existence of god then the burden of proof is on you. So, it is now you who should provide evidence for non-existence of god. Opening the thread you started I expected that you will provide such evidence.

Please understand, what you do is similar logically as if I state that I know that pink unicorns have green eyes and then I will request that you provide evidence that they don't have green eyes. And when you fail or refuse to provide evidence, I will conclude that my statement is true.
Hum. I should have read this before my reaction to his OP. Usually I read the full thread (or most of it, at any rate) before I comment, but THIS OP was so egregious a violation of all logical thought that I reacted before I read. Sorry...you actually did a better job here, and explained the problem with more detail.

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #98

Post by Ooberman »

dianaiad wrote:
europious wrote: So christians, all I want is one argument that will convince me of gods existance. Prove it.

The description of this topic, and the thing that got me in this thread, was your claim that "I know for definite that god does not exist."

You made the claim...and it is quite a claim. Then your support for that claim is that all you want is one argument that will convince you of God's existence?

Sorry. You made the claim. YOU get to support it. You 'know for definite' that God does not exist. So.....prove it.
Why is it "quite a claim" that God doesn't exist?

I'm looking around.... I don't see a god. I don't see evidence of a god. I'm not even sure anyone knows what a god is, since they say gods are untestable.

So, if "god" means "some being that is untestable", then where is the evidence of this untestable being?

What is the evidence of something untestable?

Or, is God testable? If so, how?
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

Tammy789
Apprentice

Post #99

Post by Tammy789 »

dianaiad wrote:

I know you were not talking to me but I'd just like to comment that while I can't prove there is no God, I do feel that this God does not exist: creator of all, all-knowing, all-powerful, benevolent god. If any god fits those categories, he does not exist because he would not have made this world if he was a loving, benevolent god.

JohnPaul
Banned
Banned

Post #100

Post by JohnPaul »

baih0000 wrote:
An older man should start to think with wisdom about how he should die with pain or any weaknesses that he has faced. Not to continue to be ignorant of matters.
Yes, I am an older man, but I assure you I am not ignorant of matters. You misunderstood my comment about taking pills. In my observation, people who display the symptons you describe are often suffering from mental illness and must take pills to control it, not enhance it.

If you see such symptoms as evidence of God, then I shudder to think what your God must be like. Are you troubled with demons? Do the demons sometimes tell you to do bad things? Do the voices from the satellite warn you that your enemies are plotting against you? Perhaps a little lithium would help.