Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Christians and Message Boards

Post #1

Post by William »

Today while scrolling my FB news-feed I received this:

‘Christian Ouija Board’

Now it can be assumed that the majority of Christians are against such practice due to what can be regarded as superstitious-based beliefs as to what is and what is not acceptable Christian practice in relation to mediums used to 'connect with GOD', and thus any Christian response to this thread is likely going to be negative in relation to those beliefs.

Even so, we have a fairly well established over-arching idea that Christians can pretty much use any means available in order to 'connect' by simply interpreting their main script in a manner which allows for that to be the case, which is likely why some Christians are using the so-called 'Ouija' method of communication to connect with 'things associated with their idea of GOD - namely (in this case) "Angels".

Perhaps they do so on the belief that since Jesus has all authority, then if they use Ouija to commune with otherwise invisible entities by invoking Jesus then all is well and good in that regard.

This of course would be argued as 'wrong' by those who believe Jesus was not even a spokes-person for YHWH, let alone GOD.
All without a shred of viable evidence that their proclamations that "YHWH is GOD", is itself, a matter of fact, it has to be said.

Add to that other OT verbiage re 'rules and regulations' which they placed into the mouth of their GOD, and can it still be argued that YHWH meant you couldn't use Tarot and other so-called "Occult" device in order to make a connection with Him and his entourage?

Understandably, He (YHWH) appears more concerned that such device is used NOT to connect with Him and His Entourage. THAT is the essential problem. NOT the device but how the device is used.

Recently I advised a member of this board - who I think of as an Agnostic due to his usual expressions hereabouts - that since he claimed that he could not 'talk to the dead' that he should try the Ouija approach and see what can be discovered therein.

I was not trying to be ironic, but rather making a point that we shouldn't make claims if we haven't tried out any and all available device in order to see if our assumption-which-contributes-to-the-claim is is either correct, or not correct at all.

I have myself created message boards for the extensive use of communing with invisible intelligent entities, and know them to work fine. The process helped me immensely with such things as understanding myself, changing my approach as to how I see and experience 'life' and many more other good things.

Here is a picture of my very first "Ouija" device.

I don't use this method of communion very often anymore because it did the job necessary and that is that. I have no regrets at all in having done so. It is a most powerful communications tool when in the right hands (so to speak) and used properly, as it was designed to be used.

In fact, using the internet reminds me of using Ouija as there are close parallels to these devices. The computer screen becomes the 'message board' the mouse/finger acts as the pointer, the keyboard acts as the voice and we all act as the invisible intelligent entities in regard to each other.

Q: What opinion do you hold in regard to use of "Ouija Message Boards"?

Q: In relation to the first Q, what makes your opinion legitimate?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Christians and Message Boards

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote:
I believe they are a form of spiritim*, prohibited by God.
William wrote:
The bible.

*SPIRITISM

Belief that the human personality continues to exist after death and can communicate with the living through the agency of a medium or psychic.
*EXPRESSIONS EXPLAINED: Spiritism refers to beliefs and practices connected with the demons. It includes the belief that the spirits of dead humans survive the death of the physical body and that they communicate with the living, especially through a person (a medium). Spiritism also includes such practices as witchcraft and divination.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/201 ... p=par#h=34

DEUTERONOMY 18:10-12

There should not be found in you anyone who ... employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah.- NWT

RELATED POSTS
What is spiritism?
viewtopic.php?p=955577#p955577

Can Satan and the demons trick humans into believing they are good angels or even God or Jesus?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 72#p836072

Do any good spirits (angels) sometimes communicate with humans?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 91#p932691

Should all supernatural phenomena be attributed to God (or good spirits)?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 45#p955245

Are exorcism legitimate?
viewtopic.php?p=765712#p765712
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

WITCHCRAFT, SPIRITISM and ... NDE*
*Near Death Experiences
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:14 am, edited 9 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #3

Post by William »

Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complimenting or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

[Replying to post 2 by JehovahsWitness]

One appears to be blocking ones natural abilities out of fear of folklore.
Q: Can Satan and the demons trick humans into believing they are good angels or even God or Jesus?
One would have to be so bound up in ancient superstitious belief to believe in such things as 'Satan and demons' able to trick you into believing they are 'God or Jesus'. What is one left with. A dusty old script and door-knocking for converts?
Q: Do any good spirits (angels) sometimes communicate with humans?
I get that all the time in interacting with human beings. There are 'good spirits' everywhere.
One would have to be so bound up in ancient superstitious belief not to notice that.
Q: Should all supernatural phenomena be attributed to God (or good spirits)?
Use of the Ouija communication process is about as 'supernatural' as use of the telephone or computer to communicate with. I am thinking this is yet another twisted expression conjured up and promoted by those bound up in ancient superstitious belief systems which are threatened by opposing notions which are seen as competition for resource in converts.

"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know. But be careful because it might not be me but Satan pretending to be me. How will you know?"

William
Savant

Post #5

Post by William »

[Replying to post 4 by William]
Use of the Ouija communication process is about as 'supernatural' as use of the telephone or computer to communicate with. I am thinking this is yet another twisted expression conjured up and promoted by those bound up in ancient superstitious belief systems which are threatened by opposing notions which are seen as competition for resource in converts.

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

Another post to do with this subject:

viewtopic.php?p=972522#972522

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to William in post #1]
They're simply nothing more than a tool.
That it's mine, based on research on the topic, and that' all that matter to me.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

William
Savant

Post #8

Post by William »

nobspeople wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 pm [Replying to William in post #1]

They're simply nothing more than a tool.
That is too ambiguous to be an answer to the question. I do not know if you think all tools as being 'nothing in particular' or not. I do know that some tools are considered more important than other tools.
Perhaps it is a matter of whether or not the message board is useful to the one using it?
That it's mine, based on research on the topic, and that's all that matters to me.
Well - thanks for informing us of that. I find it is a similar answer as to why Christians find the Bible such a useful tool, too. Post #2 in this thread, being a good example of that...

I had this conversation on Thu Jul 25, 2019 - mlinked with the use of Message-Board as a tool for introspective purposes;

shnarkle: The guy is pointing out that the idea of a self is nothing but an idea, or a conglomeration of ideas. Are you an idea? Are you the product of what you're thinking? If not, then who are you, or as he says, who do you think you are? He's pointing out that 'you' can't get away from your own ideas of who you are, and if we're honest, these individual constructions of our own mind are simply not who we really are.

William: Within this idea is the Human Instrument we each are experiencing.
Often the 'who I am' is solidly linked with the self-identifying as said Human instrument.
Most people tend to leave it at that.
But 'who are we really?'

I discovered through consistent use of a device created for the purpose of communication through ideomotor effect,, that the answer to the question is positively "I am far more than I think I am".

It didn't immediately start out that way, but was discovered to be the case after much ground-work was done in preparation for the reveal, and that process took at least a couple of years of almost daily use.

Essentially ideomotor phenomena can enable the studious - through proper use - to connect with what appear to be 'other' entities, and for me this amounted to starting out communicating with a very basic entity with limited communication skills, and eventually graduating from there with entities more advanced in the art of communication.

In the end, I was informed that I had actually be communicating with aspects of my SELF, to which - in my ordinary framework of Human experience - I had regarded as 'other entities'.

Through correct use of Ideomotor Effect, the individual learns how to engage with that mysterious thing called 'subconscious' 'unconscious' and 'super-conscious'.
Some call it 'higher self' or 'GOD'.

The illusion of self in regard to 'the mind' through the Human experience, is but a very tiny portion of who each of us really ARE.

I ended up creating quite a few Message Boards for this purpose, the first of which ended up looking like this:

Indeed, it is role-play, and the individual learns to understand that they are not the center of the universe, but rather - an aspect of a far larger being, used as a type of satellite for the purpose of - not only gathering data through the Human Experience, but also someone on the edge of things who is entitled to join the 'Inner Circle' as acceptance and recognition of ones True Self becomes the 'new normal'.

Essentially in Role-Play, we tiny selves engage with 'others' who are really all aspects of the One Entity. The illusion of thinking that the 'self' is that tiny individual thing called a 'Human', brings its own troubles within the framework of the 'Stage' where the role-play is being enacted...here on a Living Planet, literally in the middle of 'nowhere'.

Overcomer
Guru

Post #9

Post by Overcomer »

When a person accepts Christ as Lord and Saviour and his/her dead spirit is brought alive in Christ, God fills that person with the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit through whom we communicate with God in the name of Jesus Christ.

"You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him" (Rom. 8:9).

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?" (I Cor. 6:19, 20).

The Holy Spirit brings gifts and one of the gifts he brings is the ability to discern spirits. In 1 Cor. 1:12, it speaks of being able to distinguish between spirits.

Christians are told NOT to engage in the occult because that is the realm of Satan and demons. That is why Christians won't use Ouija boards. Why invite evil into one's life by opening one's self up that way? And, as I noted above, we have the Holy Spirit. We don't need to try to find answers using practices of the occult.

William wrote:
I have myself created message boards for the extensive use of communing with invisible intelligent entities, and know them to work fine.
So you do acknowledge that there are "invisible intelligent entities". You just don't consider the God of the Bible to be one of them. Just who are these entities and what evidence do you have that they exist?

Diagoras
Guru

Post #10

Post by Diagoras »

William wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:07 pm
I have myself created message boards for the extensive use of communing with invisible intelligent entities, and know them to work fine.
What methods did you employ to falsify the hypothesis that you were simply experiencing ideomotor action, rather than communicating with invisible spirits?

I would suggest you engage the help of an independent person to first blindfold you, then provide you with a standard ouija board (letters, numbers, ‘yes’ and ‘no’).

By filming your communication attempts, it will be clear whether the ‘spirits’ are equally hampered by the blindfold as you are, or not.
That their supposed ‘powers’ can be easily explained, and have been demonstrated to be simple fakery or psychological tricks ever since they first became popular in the nineteenth century.
I’m fortunate not to have to rely on opinion. Repeated scientific experiment and observation of mundane explanations, coupled with a total lack of success for any ‘psychic’ person to demonstrate the existence of the supernatural to any degree should suffice for most reasonable people.

In light of that, anyone worried about evil spirits might find some reassurance from reading up on the science. Here, for instance:

https://sciencenordic.com/behaviour-den ... rk/1457820